CooperVision, a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses and related products and services. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and 1-day lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism and presbyopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com.
Regional Sales Manager- South East England.
Field Based Role.
To lead and coach a team of Sales Representatives in an efficient and productive way in order to reach business targets and goals (both financial, personal & team). Provide appropriate and consistent management and direction to each team member. Develop influential relationships with existing and potential customers to ensure that sales of CooperVision’s products are maximised.
- Recruit, train and develop the team and evaluate their activities to ensure high performance.
- Conduct performance reviews at least every 6 months, with appropriate supporting documents.
- Ensure the achievement of the teams sales targets and personal objectives.
- Define coverage plans for the team and ensure these are implemented effectively at territory level.
- Manage own work schedule aiming for 70% of time co travelling on 2 and 3 day accompaniments wherever possible.
- Maintain awareness of market conditions and report significant incidents or trends, which may have a bearing on maximising company sales results.
- Assist in arranging and attending specific major trade shows and events.
- Develop the customer annual business plans that deliver both revenue growth and the business’ commercial strategy through understanding customer needs and KPIs and the impact on their financial models, ROI and profitability / revenue targets.
- Work closely with the members of the National Accounts team, Marketing, Professional Services and Customer Service to support and implement initiatives and drive maximum value for the business.
- Review sales performance on monthly basis against sales and productivity targets, make adjustments or recommendations to strategies and plans as needed.
- Identify training and development needs of team and individuals and address personally or where appropriate, with support from other departments or via external resource.
- Responsible for the development and coaching of team members using appropriate coaching methods and tools.
- Organize and lead regional sales meetings.
- Keep SFDC updated according to the company standards.
- To complete all reporting and administrative duties as lay down at any time including the upkeep of a complete set of customer records for the designated area.
- Maintain strong links with other departments to ensure high level of customer response and maximum support for sales team.
- Maintain high level of commitment, work ethic and professionalism within field team driven by a positive culture.
- Any other related duties connected with the Company’s business.
- Strong performance in CooperVision’s leadership competencies.
- The ability to motivate a team to achieve industry leading levels of performance is seen as an essential part of this position.
- To be an exceptional communicator, with the ability to interface with customers, agencies and internal functions at all levels and to provide effective communication, convey and receive instructions.
- To be highly motivated with the ability to build a dedicated and committed team.
- Good organizational, problem solving and administration skills, attention to detail is key.
- Able to use own initiative and make decisions within the remit of the role.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility, a Team Player, able to work alone or within a team, with good inter-personal skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills – able to keep situations calm and provide assistance to internal and external Customers with queries.
- Strong Customer facing skills, including clear and precise communication.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities whilst hitting deadlines, targets and KPIs.
- Ability to learn procedures and processes quickly, able to listen to others and understand their requirements.
- Use of Microsoft Office, ERP and CRM systems is needed to place orders and maintain customer communication and feedback. Advanced skills in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to read and understand highly technical material.
- High level of written and spoken English language.
- Home based field role living on the designated region.
- Extensive travel involved to work in the field with the team and occasional international travel.
- Regular overnight stays away from home are likely.
- Represent the Company at evening/weekend exhibitions and seminars where required.
- Degree-level or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in working in a professional B2B and B2C business environment.
- Demonstrable success and experience in the management and development of a successful sales team.
- Proven success of identifying, developing and implementing new concepts to drive business growth and target achievement
Set up a job alert.