We currently have an opportunity for a dynamic sales professional to join the SIG Building Solutions National Sales Team. The successful candidate will deliver the monthly and annual sales targets for the defined region; increasing brand awareness and generating demand for own brand products with specifiers in the South West region.
In addition, you will develop and action the sales plan, providing for the achievement of sales targets for customers and products in terms of margin and sales turnover.
What does the role involve?
As part of the SIG Building Solutions National Sales Team and reporting to the Category Director, you will have extensive contact and manage effective relationships with; other Regional Sales Managers, Local Brands/Sites, Customers, Credit Control, Suppliers and the wider SIG sales organisation. You’ll work with the Brand Managers and internal sales team to ensure a strong, consistent approach to secure and process orders within the appropriate business development and pricing strategy.
Some of the key areas of focus for this role will be:
• Responsible for managing and promoting the commercial relationship with agreed existing clients within region whilst identifying and developing further new business opportunities.
• Developing working solutions and securing specifications with architects/specifiers.
• Breaking other manufacturers cladding and sheeting specifications with main contractors, design & build contractors and/or Roofing & Cladding contractors.
• Increasing both Product and Brand awareness via regular CPD’s and networking.
• Working with the Category Director and Brand & Divisional Management Directors to establish an annual budget for the region together with a sales plan which is aggressive, realistic and credible and which reflect the market potential of the region and opportunities contained within it.
• Where possible exploit our full product offering from our key supply chain selling their products as part of a full system sell, in addition to the sale of our own manufactured products or as distribution sale when a customer chooses to maintain an existing specification which is not our own.
• Establish and carry out a call plan which ensures that sufficient attention is given to the development of additional business and specification as well as the retention of agreed existing customers.
• Maintain a full awareness of the actions of competitors in the region, through key account managers information and customer and supplier networking, anticipating their actions and neutralising them.
• Identify and secure all project work within the region, utilising contacts with specifiers, builders, roofing contractors and lead generation systems.
• Complete all reporting speedily and accurately, maintaining project and customer database records up to date with all relevant details and monitoring of project development.
• Following through a major sale to maintain an overview of the progress of the order ensuring that the process is smooth up to the point of delivery, following up with the customer to ensure satisfaction and identify potential service improvements.
You will have proven strong business acumen, with experience and background in sales and specification. You will be able to forge and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders, and be commercially aware within a thorough understanding of the financial and profit model. You will be a confident decision maker, effective communicator and presenter and possess strong negotiation skills and have the ability to see issues from customers’ perspective.
The role is a field based role with extensive travel within the South West Region
SIG Building Solutions (a division of SIG Trading Limited) manufactures and sells all components for metal roofing and cladding including roof and wall profiles, standard and bespoke flashings, architectural fabrications, gutters, louvres, structural sections and all the necessary accessories.
SIG is a leading supplier of specialist construction materials, distributing throughout the UK, Europe and the Middle East. From groundworks to the roof and everything in between, we deliver the full range of specialist materials to the construction industry.
A group turnover of circa £2.6 billon and with numerous branches here in the UK alone, we’re also a fantastic place to build your career.
Our customers are at the very heart of what we do and how we do things. To achieve this we employ exceptional people who are able to demonstrate our core values of trust, integrity, teamwork, people who are committed to doing a really good job. We also like to have fun!
Set up a job alert.