Our client is an established and successful engineering company based in the Tyne and Wear area.
They are experiencing consistent growth due to the excellent service they provide, the specialist sectors they supply to, and their expansion into new industrial areas.
They are now looking for a commercially aware and customer orientated team player to join their busy sales and service office and provide their customers with an excellent level of service. You will have a background in engineering – so have knowledge/understanding of the main processes i.e. fabrication welding, machining, coating, metal forming etc. and you will have some experience of customer service, sales, commercial experience – so know how to provide a customer with a quotation in a well presented and professional manner, and be able to liaise with production on the updates of the order, quote lead times, costs, buy from suppliers etc. We believe this is a great opportunity to join a successful and expanding business.
- Receive customer orders – this could be in person, via email, a photo, or an email and provide them with a detailed and accurate quote. The quote could consist of lead times, type and cost of materials, labour required, margins etc. and ensure the quote is accurate, detailed and presented in a professional manner.
- Source materials from approved suppliers.
- Contact a range of sub contract engineering companies to organise specialist engineering services to support the job.
- Working with the senior manager, plan the production schedule, issue job cards, track and communicate on the work as it flows through the production areas.
- Provide the customers with timely updates on the progress of their orders.
- Provide an effective account management service, look to build effective relationships and look for future opportunities.
- Support the negotiation of new business contracts and bid submissions in collaboration with the technical departments
- Identify decision makers within existing and prospective new clients whilst investigating their requirements and providing creative problem-solving solutions
- Work closely with management and local branch team to maintain excellent service levels to clients as well as sharing best practice and client feedback to support continuous improvement activities
- A background in engineering is essential, with a knowledge of the main engineering processes i.e. fabrication/welding or machining – so you will have an understanding of metal forming processes.
- Must have worked in a commercial type role – internal sales, account management, customer service – be able to provide quotes, cost up jobs – materials, labour, margins, respond in a professional and timely manner, look for future opportunities, able to place the correct detail on a quote, internal orders, job cards.
- Must have strong communication skills. – Verbal and written
- Must be competent with Word and Excel.
- Able to build effective long-term relationships.
- Possess an excellent attention to detail.
- Any form of mechanical engineering training would be beneficial.
Set up a job alert.