All About Us
From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stock holding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
All About the Role
Reporting to the Sales Manager, you’ll be responsible for providing administrative support to the sales team. You’ll help to support the productivity of the sales team by dealing with customer queries and fielding calls. This important position contributes to the quality of customer service and the achievement of sales targets.
Specific tasks include:
- Provide a wide variety of administrative support to our sales team.
- Inputting of orders & data entry.
- Assisting in the Preparation and submission of quotations.
- Helping to maintain and grow customer relationships.
- Dealing with customers over the phone or via e-mail.
- Maintain an agreed level of pro-active telephone contact with both existing and prospective customers.
- To help drive excellent Customer Service & a continuous improvement mindset.
We offer you
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays, Pension,
All About You
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
- Proactive attitude and approach
- High level of accuracy with good computer skills.
- Builds strong relationships quickly & holds excellent communications skills
How it feels to work for us
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business. Barrett Steel encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
Set up a job alert.