What you’ll be doing?
This broad field covers market research and land appraisal, developing promotional material, as well as telesales and face-to-face negotiation.
The Sales team arranges visits, undertakes tours, prepares material, advises on features, agrees the sale and sees it through to completion. And then there’s the after sales service. If you’re a friendly, outgoing individual with a real customer focus, and you’re comfortable working in a challenging targets-driven culture, you’ll find plenty to keep you busy and developing.
Reporting to the Sales Manager or Field Sales Manager, to deliver strong sales performance, achieving optimal selling prices whilst maintaining Company standards and delivering high standards of customer service.
You will be expected to:
- Maximise profits by achieving new home sales, as well as extras to suitable clients in line with agreed targets e.g. legal completions, average selling price
- Look after all prospective/existing purchasers in a welcoming, professional and efficient manner, delivering exceptional customer service
- Provide expertise in the Company’s house types, specs, extras and procedures
- Match all Group schemes available to seek to secure the maximum possible sales, ensuring that all customers are qualified
- Effectively manage the CRM database, and i-Sales as directed by your Sales Manager/Field Sales Manager
- Promote Group mortgage arrangements, including referral to IMA, managing transactions and ensuring timely completions
- Ensure full compliance with Sales and Marketing key processes, tools and approaches e.g. Prada, Single Sales Principle
- Ensure that all paperwork and site administration is up to date, and required reports are completed within deadlines
- Provide weekly management internal reports and updates to line management
- Apply a to date working knowledge of all legal requirements e.g. PMA, CML, H&S, DPA and Consumer Code
- Take responsibility for maintaining the presentation of show homes, completed product and the sales office to the agreed standard, and ensure that adequate on-site and off-site signage is maintained
- Maintain effective relationships with relevant internal colleagues and external contacts, in particular, Sales Manager and Site Manager
- Contribute PR/marketing proposals to Sales Manager
- Conduct local and market research, and competitor analysis in line with OFT guidelines in order to demonstrate up to date and extensive knowledge and awareness of the local area, amenities and current market
What you’ll need?
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
- Experience of delivering sales in a service environment e.g. housebuilding, retail, hospitality, banking, estate agency.
- Commercially astute with a good understanding of the market and competitors.
- Understands and acts upon customer needs to maintain Company reputation.
- Thrives on challenge, is resilient and driven to achieve personal and organisational targets.
- Able to remain calm and controlled under pressure.
- Keeps up to date with new thinking including legislation, economic conditions and technology.
- Communicates and negotiates persuasively – capable of influencing others assertively, building rapport with customers.
- Embraces change and explores new ways of working to help the continuous growth of the sales operation.
- Encourages and supports people in the team, sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Able to build relationships across functions, internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills.
- IT literate.
- Flexible with working pattern, must be able to work weekends and bank holidays
Our Company and Benefits
We’ve been nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder ten years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That’s more than any other major housebuilder. It’s because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race,sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- 25 days’ holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years’ continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
Set up a job alert.