- To monitor incoming bid opportunities, logging them centrally in a systematic and transparent way, checking for new and relevant opportunities on the horizon.
- Working closely with franchisees – notifying them of relevant bids and setting deadlines for feedback and co-ordinating key milestones for return of data / information for bids, tenders and PQQs.
- To provide an all-round administrative function for the Bid and National Sales Team including any other duties commensurate with the level of the role.
- To compile a range of data associated with Pre-Qualifying Questionnaires (PQQs).
- To follow up and chase tenders for updates (awards) and clarification of any additional information required.
- Compiling and managing the bid library and historic database to ensure we have relevant “collateral” and information which can be easily accessed, developed and distributed at short notice.
- Chasing initial quotes from franchisees on non-standard works.
- Preparing monthly data for sales calls / reviews and group meetings.
- To provide regular and ad-hoc customer updates – for example: leavers and joiners etc.
- Providing new certificates to customers – sales leads to relevant to each or all National Account Managers (NAMs).
- To write copy to update Metro Net bulletins on upcoming bids, tenders and general activity within the Team.
- Working closely with Network Operations Team to identify any customers at risk.
- To update our inhouse CRM (Vision) and other databases as necessary.
- Completing onboarding form process between NAMs/ Accounts / Support centre contacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to write clear, concise copy and reports.
- High levels of numeracy, literacy and accuracy – ideally educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Advanced all round MS Office Skills with Intermediate / Advanced Excel – willingness to upskill.
- Personable, approachable with the ability and interpersonal skills to work with staff at levels within a range of external organisations.
- Ability to assimilate quickly and easily to new technology and internal administrative processes.
- Excellent organisation, administration and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities at short notice.
- Ability to understand or learn the broad and technical aspects of drainage, plumbing, tankering and pump services.
- Ability to generate own work and operate without supervision, to tight deadlines.
- Good team player with the ability to manage upwards, follow up on outstanding work and set mutually agreed deadlines for the team.
- Focused on outcomes, commercial objectives, and delivery.
- Flexible working considered for the right candidate.
How to apply:
If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our national team, please provide your CV and a Covering Letter to email@example.com