We Make Websites are the go-to agency for Shopify Plus. We design, develop and optimise e-commerce websites for the world’s most ambitious brands. Brands we work with include: Ford, Pepsi Co, Finisterre, DeBeers, Skinnydip, Cluse, Bulletproof Coffee, Penguin Books, Beavertown Brewery, Emma Bridgewater, Harper Collins, National Portrait Gallery, Nicce, Press and The Economist.
We’re a team of 40+ designers, developers, solutions architects, e-comm consultants and marketers – spread across our London and New York offices. We’ve doubled in size over the last year and are looking for more bright, ambitious and enthusiastic people to join our team.
But enough about us… we want to know more about you.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a talented, dynamic and experienced Sales Manager / Business Development Manager to join our Growth Team.
The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years sales and/or business development experience within a web agency, SaaS or e-commerce environment. They will be target driven, commercially focused and have a deep understanding of the mid-market to enterprise level e-commerce landscape.
About the role:
This is a newly created role and although it’s ‘sales’, it is a varied position that will involve a consultative, end to end approach – business development, requirements gathering, proposal creation, consulting, pitching and deal closing will all be part of the sales cycle.
Day one is likely to be ‘hands on’. The goal will be to work with our Solutions Team and close as many warm leads as possible. However, we will expect the successful incumbent to learn quickly, close deals fast and move onto more complex projects within six months. In parallel, we will expect the Sales Consultant to drive business development, particularly through our Strategic Partnership network.
Longer term, the trajectory of this position is a Sales Manager role that will oversee our sales team in London and NYC.
- You will need a passion for the tech and e-commerce space. E-commerce is one of the fastest growing sectors and we want somebody who gets what it means to be an agency at the forefront of direct to consumer e-commerce design and development.
- You will have a passion for the verticals we want to attract – fashion, lifestyle, beauty, food, and innovative FMCG.
- You will be a strategic, creative, pragmatic thinker and problem solver.
- You will have unparalleled levels of attention to detail, bordering on fastidious.
- You will be totally OK with the concept of change and working in a fast paced environment.
- You will have exceptional communication skills and be totally comfortable pitching to C-suite clients.
- You will have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to earn trust whilst remaining commercially minded.
- You will relish the opportunity to enter a growth stage company and carve out your own niche.
- You will be an intelligent, ambitious, articulate, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can do’ attitude!
- You will have a proven track record of closing deals within a SaaS or e-commerce environment.
- You will have end-to-end sales experience including requirements gathering, pitching, solution consulting and proposal creation.
- You will be able to provide case studies of how you’ve successfully consulted with clients to understand their objectives and turn these into successfully delivered projects.
- You will have a proven track record of working with internal Production/Project Management teams.
- You will be comfortable working within an inbound and outbound sales environment.
- You will have experience with contract and deal negotiation.
- You will have experience working on deals that involve numerous stakeholders/third parties.
- You will have good knowledge of e-commerce platforms and the wider e-commerce landscape.
- You will have knowledge/understanding of integration systems such as ERP, ESP, CRM, OMS, WMS etc – and how they interact with e-commerce platforms.
- You will have a proven track record of managing a large and constantly changing sales pipeline.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be responsible for all UK and US sales (inbound/outbound) KPIs.
- You will work closely with our Solutions Lead/Head of Growth to scope out, pitch and close medium-sized Shopify Plus projects. However, there is the opportunity to grow and take on our largest deals.
- You will support and oversee smaller Shopify Plus deals that are being led by our Business Development Executive team.
- You will be responsible for continually reviewing and improving our sales tools.
- You will work closely with our Marketing Lead to ensure our lead generating initiatives are resulting in qualified enquiries.
- You will work closely with our Solutions Lead and Project Management Lead to ensure the Sales to PM handover process is continually being optimised.
- You will work closely with our Strategic Partners to develop lead generation tactics and close deals.
- You will be responsible for motivating, engaging and leading our Sales Team to create a high-performance culture.
- You will bring an existing e-commerce network or be able to demonstrate how you can quickly build relationships within the Shopify Plus community.
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in wider Growth Team initiatives such as lead generation dinners, Meetups and conferences (M20/20, IRCE, E-commerce Expo).
- You will have the opportunity to travel to our NYC office for any US-based deals.
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with Shopify Plus or a similar enterprise level e-commerce platform (Magento, Demandware, Hybris).
- Have come from a startup or SME that has experienced extremely high growth over a short period.
- Agency experience.
- Salary £35k – £45k depending on experience.
- 20 days + 8 bank holidays + your birthday off.
- Accrue 1.5 holiday days per year served, uncapped.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Discounted gym memberships, food, entertainment and travel.
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon with good transport connections and a secure, onsite, bike shed.
- We are a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event.
- The opportunity to travel to and work at our NYC office.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks.
- Monday morning team breakfast and Friday team lunches.
Apply using the button below and take a big step forward in your career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.