The Sales & Marketing team look after our customers and help them through one of the most important parts of their lives; finding and buying a new home. We pride ourselves on putting customers first, and sales and marketing are a key part in making that vision a reality. Our Sales & Marketing teams, both locally and nationally, work together to make sure we’re showing people the perfect home for them. There’s a wide variety of roles that include building and maintaining websites, running marketing campaigns, answering customers’ questions, being on hand to guide and support them through the purchase and personalisation of their brand new home; and of course making sure they’re happy after they’ve bought. Some of the team work on-site in sales and marketing showrooms, and others support from the office but at its core the team are here to make sure customers are getting what they need from us and finding the perfect home.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, to deliver high standards of service, and provide support to the sales operation, to achieve optimum selling prices whilst maintaining Company standards.
You will be expected to:
- Look after all prospective/existing purchasers in a welcoming, professional and efficient manner, delivering exceptional customer service.
- Provide expertise in the Company’s house types, specs, extras and procedures.
- Match all Group schemes available to seek to secure the maximum possible sales, ensuring that all customers are qualified.
- Ensure that all paperwork and site administration is up to date, and required reports are completed within deadlines.
- Apply a to date working knowledge of all legal requirements (Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading (2008), CML, H&S, Data Protection Act and Consumer Code).
- Develop and maintain close and effective working relationships with all relevant internal colleagues and external contacts, in particular, the Sales Manager, Sales Adviser, and Site Management team.
- Effectively maintain the CRM database, i-Sales as directed by your Sales Manager.
- Take responsibility for maintaining the presentation of show homes, completed product and the sales office to the agreed standard, and ensure that adequate on-site and off-site signage is maintained.
- Contribute to PR / marketing proposals to Sales Adviser.
- Conduct local and market research, and competitor analysis in line with OFT guidelines in order to demonstrate excellent knowledge and awareness of the local area, amenities and current market.
- Attend regular training and development as identified by the Sales Management team.
- Processing of credit and debit card transactions or use of card data in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Undertake appropriate training on PCI DSS at induction and then ongoing as required / stated by the business.
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
- Experience of working in a service environment, for example, retail, hospitality, banking, Housebuilding, estate agency.
- Commercially astute with a good understanding of the market and competitors.
- Understanding and acting upon customer needs to maintain Company reputation.
- Thrives on challenge, resilient and driven to achieve personal and organisational targets.
- Able to remain calm and controlled under pressure.
- Keeps up to date with new thinking including legislation, economic conditions and technology.
- Communicates and negotiates persuasively – capable of influencing others assertively, building rapport with customers.
- Embraces change and explores new ways of working to help the continuous growth of the sales operation.
- Encourages and supports people in the team, sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Able to build relationships across functions, internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility with hours, particularly with regard to weekends and bank holidays.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- 25 days’ holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years’ continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.