All About Us
From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stock holding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet. Our extensive steel processing facilities are world-class, and our expertise and advanced specialist skills have ensured the outstanding success of a diverse range of high-profile projects around the globe.
We strive to develop long-term partnerships. We are progressive, solution focused and work with our customers to help them realise their project’s full potential. We provide a vital link in the supply chain from producer to customer.
All About the Role
Specific tasks include:
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, emails and marketing campaigns.
- Build partnering relationships to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Close sales and achieve monthly targets as agreed with your line manager.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects.
- Maximise processing sales by continually expanding orders and up selling on all incoming and outgoing.
- Ensure that all quotes are followed up within a time frame designated by your manager and that the appropriate people are given feedback in relation to these quotes.
- To maintain customer account details to ensure up to date contact, delivery and unloading information is on file; to provide relevant information to purchasing, accounts, works and transport departments to ensure the company complies with Health & Safety legislation and can exceed our customers’ expectations on customer service.
We offer you
- Barrett Steel Pension, 21 Days holidays + bank holidays, Discretionary Bonus
All About You
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
- Build strong relationships quickly with a proactive attitude and approach.
- Thrives off working to targets and KPI’s
- Excellent communication & computer skills
How it feels to work for us
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us and develop the business.
* Please note all applications will be reviewed after the Christmas period in early January 2020.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.