As part of the Commercial / Marketing team based at Granta Park, Cambridgeshire, UK, you will be working in a fast paced, multinational team where you will be speaking with scientists, both in research, biotechnology and the clinical arena, understanding their projects and plans, and exploring how Illumina’s market leading technology can really help in their lab. Identifying those customers who are genuinely interested, you will be using your communication skills as well as learning how our marketing projects can support the business across Europe
If you want to move into the Commercial field we offer a genuine career development platform where you can expand your skills and experience and build a career with one of life sciences fastest growing companies..
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
Responsible for the qualification and development of marketing- and sales-generated leads. Focused on prospecting, response rate to marketing programs output, lead qualification and creation of high quality leads. Includes engaging with existing customers and qualified sales leads, guiding customers to the Illumina products that best meet their needs, and coordinating with internal resources to address customer questions/objections. Works closely with both inside and field sales representatives to meet and exceed sales quotas for a specific product line and/or sales territory.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensures a high level of liaison with other departments & staff to ensure co-ordination of activities. Executes on and provides regular reports on results of lead generation projects and activities. Represents the company professionally, ethically and morally at all times.
- Makes outbound contact to existing and prospective customers to identify sales opportunities, promote relevant marketing/sales promotional programs and initiate the sales process.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining lead data into our customer relationship management database.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities
Preferred Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Business, science or technical degree strongly preferred.
- Chemistry or molecular biology degree a plus.
Preferred Experiential Background:
- No prior sales experience required, but this would be advantageous.
- Fluency in Second European Language such as Dutch or German or French would be useful.
- Genetic analysis sales experience and/or familiarity with the Illumina product line a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
- Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types. Ability to interact well with highly educated research scientist customers.
- Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process and solutions using Illumina products & services.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience working with SalesForce.com or a similar CRM database a plus.
- Team goal oriented with a focus on achieving team sales performance metrics.
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to stay focused on primary business objectives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.