A leading North East based Engineering Company based in Tyne and Wear are looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to join their team in a permanent role. Our client is committed to providing pioneering engineering services to their customers; this is an exciting opportunity and a well-rewarded role for the ideal candidate.
- Preparation of quotations to meet customer specifications.
- Ensure the correct selection of equipment in line with requirements.
- Maintain close contact with customers, build up rapport and give excellent customer service
- Liaise with various engineering departments.
- Attend site visits as required – both in the UK and abroad.
- Provide technical and commercial solutions.
- Negotiating by phone, email and in person.
- Closing quotations and sales including commercial terms.
- Networking with relevant contacts through Business clubs, Trade Associations, Trade Shows and social media.
- Previous experience as a Sales Engineer, Sales Executive, Technical Assistant, Commercial Engineer, Account Manager or similar technical customer service role.
- Mechanical Engineering background or/and Qualifications – minimum BTEC, HNC, HND or equivalent.
- Good communication skills
- Engineering background.
- Previous experience from an engineering background/environment.
- Be willing to travel.
- Experience of CAD (Desirable).
- Engineering qualification or apprenticeship (Desirable).
- Computer literate including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
Set up a job alert.