Our client who are a well known and successful engineering company in the Wolverhampton area have an exciting opportunity for a Sales & Marketing Manager to join their thriving business.
Reporting to the Production/Purchasing Manager the main duties of the role will be;
- Day to day Account Management.
- Commercial contact including holding regular contract/project reviews directly with customers (Site Visits when necessary).
- Conduct Market Research and Competitor Analysis to develop marketing plans and strategies in conjunction with the MD.
- Develop ideas for new market segments suitable for the business.
- Plan and oversee all advertising and promotional activities including directory entries, exhibitions, brochures, web site etc.
- Make contact with potential customers through telesales, direct mail and personal contact to generate enquiries and new business leads.
- Follow up and issue contract reports to Directors and Divisional Management.
- Ideally provide customers with technical guidance on hydraulic cylinder/systems design (training will be provided).
- Liaise with Technical office to produce information necessary to produce quotations.
- Produce a CRM/NPI report for internal circulation.
- Establish annual Sales forecasts for budget purposes.
- Produce detailed customer sales statistics monthly/annually to analyse purchase patterns.
- Assist in the development of of the short and medium term business plans.
- Monitor by customer performance measurement criteria (DSA, Quality etc.) to determine whether targets are being met in terms of costs, delivery and quality.
- Assess existing jobs for profitability.
- Conduct VA/VE exercises with Purchasing with purchasing and design departments to improve profitability.
- Implement new pricing structures to accommodate material price fluctuations.
- Deal with any internet enquiries.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/experience;
- Previous experience working as a Sales Manager or Marketing Manager within an engineering/manufacturing environment is essential for this role.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 7:30am-16:15pm.
This is a permanent position with an immediate start available.
Salary will be between £30k and £40k per annum depending on experience.
Please call 01902 714122 and ask for Chris or “click apply now”.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.