Founded in 1983, Mobile Mini is a leading hirer of portable site accommodation and secure storage containers, with its global headquarters in Arizona, USA and UK operations based in Stockton-on-Tees.
With a national network of 16 branches and almost 40,000 rental units, we provide site accommodation and secure storage solutions to over 17,300 customers in numerous different industries, including construction companies, retailers, manufacturers and distributors.
Mr Box is Mobile Mini’s specialist container sales and conversion division. Based in Ipswich, we hire and sell secure storage containers to a variety of customers across the UK, as well as converting containers for use as workshops, retails units, exhibition stands and many more. More details can be found on our website: https://www.mrbox.co.uk/container-conversions/
We currently have a vacancy for a Sales Project Manager based in our Ipswich office, leading our container conversion efforts across the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about working in sales and has a positive and dynamic approach to their work. We are looking for an individual with good project management and problem solving skills, a technical mindset, and the ability to make good commercial decisions and take ownership of problems. Above all, you’ll have a track record of achievement and be able to demonstrate high levels of integrity when dealing with both customers and colleagues.
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Reporting to: Manager, Mr Box division
Package: Basic Salary of £30,000 pa CIRCA + Commission + Company car / Allowance of £435pm
Responsible for managing the company’s container conversions business, from initial quote through to completion. These are varied and exciting projects and will have a broad range of clients from blue chip companies, to individuals or small smart up companies
- Handle inbound calls from prospective conversion customers, identify, research, and contact prospective customers and build customer relationships to generate future sales and repeat business.
- Formulate sales calls plans, make customer appointments, gather information and progress through the sales process.
- Recognise customer needs and suggest products to solve problems and create benefits for the customer.
- Following up quotations to try and convert to orders
- Producing layout drawings for customer approval on Auto CAD
- Develop and present presentations to potential and existing customers
- Liaising with sub-contractor fabrication depots to answer any technical queries during builds, updating drawings/keeping client informed as and when required
- Problem solving if required during build if technical issues arise within the customer’s needs or requirements.
- Producing risk assessments & method statements for onsite work with assistance of H&S team if required
- Arranging transportation to and installation on clients site
- Managing key conversion customer relationships
- Takes ownership of customer issues and takes immediate action to provide a quality service.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage, as would experience of the shipping container industry, but is not essential as full training will be given
- Passionate about consistently exceeding the expectations of the customer
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional sales results
- Excellent negotiation and customer relationship building skills, comfortable dealing with a wide range of customers and people.
- Proven project management skills and a confident problem solver
- Comfortable working in a technical or engineering environment
- A self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Embraces change and is open to the ideas and opinions of others as well as being a logical thinker when dealing with colleagues and customers ideas/requirements.
- Strong IT skills, including experience with Word and Excel
- Must be highly organised and able to prioritise workload/manage lots of tasks at the same time
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexible and must be prepared to travel within the UK.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Experience with Auto Cad is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
The above list is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time to meet the needs of the business.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.