Do you want to work for a creative, fun and family owned and run business? Pentagon Play specialises in helping schools/nurseries to develop their outdoor learning environments. We are fast becoming the market leaders in school and nursery playground design. We are a modern, exciting and fast-growing business in South Gloucestershire. We take a consultative approach to working with their customers to provide curriculum-based outdoor play solutions.
We have worked hard to build a fantastic team and we truly believe in a hardworking and an enjoyable workplace. Our ‘Rules of Play’ ensure we respect one another, feeling empowered to develop to our potential. We have an existing Sales Support team and due to the growth of the company we require an additional Sales Support Assistant to join our expanding team.
What the job entails?
The role is to work within the Sales Support team, under careful direction of the Internal Sales Manager. You will become the first point of contact for our valued customers. This will involve building rapport and handling communications via the phone, emails, website and our online website chat help desk (TIDIO). In a nutshell your role will be to handle the customer’s enquiry and qualify whether it is a suitable meeting for our Sales Consultants to visit.
You will be fully supported with the appropriate training given, to fulfil the following tasks:
- First point of contact handling enquiries over the phone
- Dealing with online enquires from the company’s website
- Interacting with customers online via their live website chat help desk (TIDIO)
- Corresponding in a timely fashion with customers via email
- Opportunity to secure sales orders over the phone and from submitting Tender proposals
- Conversion of enquires from various sources into sales meetings and/or telephone quotes
- Ensuring strong correspondence with the sales consultant team
- Maintaining our CRM system to keep up to date records and information on each enquiry
- Ensure the careful recording of data and reporting to Internal Sales Manager
- Careful and effective scheduling of diaries for our expanding Sales Consultant Team
- Assisting at conferences to promote the company and gain new sales meetings
- Liaising with other departments to ensure exceptional customer service is maintained.
Who are we looking for?
Ultimately, we are looking for a quick learner, who is a confident communicator and proactive and positive in their approach to work. We would love someone who enjoys a healthy lifestyle and already has an empathy for children and their outdoor learning.
We require at least a C at GCSE/ O level English and Maths and any IT/Word qualifications would be desirable. Prior experience in a similar role, knowledge of the National Curriculum, and Play Industry experience would be advantageous.
- Strong customer care and account management skills
- A proven track record in sales and telesales
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Good computer skills
- An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good administrative skills and a quick and competent typist
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of UK geography and competent on using Google Maps
- Able to navigate and confidently use Google Maps whilst on the phone to a customer
What can we offer?
In return for all your hard work and commitment you will be paid an annual salary of £18,000 – £21,000 (dependent on experience). You will be permanently contracted to work 37.5 hours a week. We are flexible on working times. You will have 32 days of paid holiday. After your 6-month probation, you will be eligible for the company bonus. Part-time hours are available, and your salary and benefits would be pro-rota accordingly.
We have a free car park with bus stops only a short walk away.
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Here at Pentagon Play, we are all about the person, to make your application stand out, feel free to phone the office or perhaps post your application into us!
The interview process will involve a telephone interview, face to face interview and a trial day.
Proposed start date January 2019.
No agency applications accepted.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.