Westbase Technology is a leading European distributor of 4G LTE and hybrid networking solutions. We work at the forefront of our industry, offering our employees the opportunity to be a part of something innovative and progressive in technology. Working with leading vendor partners and mobile operators, Westbase provides exposure to exciting work relationships both in and outside our business as well as access to the latest networking technologies and applications such as the Internet of Things and mobility.
We offer a dynamic and friendly working environment where teamwork is highly valued. Personal development is also considered a priority and our training and development opportunities are open to all.
Due to significant growth, Westbase Technology is looking for a Sales Support / Network Engineer to join the team. Reporting to the Technical Lead, your primary focus will be in supporting the account team as a skilled point of contact for pre & post sales activities.
Key activities are:
- Customer technical requirement capture, interpretation and definition
- Drafting system configuration documentation and assisting in proposal and design documents
- Pre-sales support to Westbase customers to determine appropriate solutions
- Liaising with customers and partners to identify, confirm and resolve any technical issues encountered
- Defining and carrying out repeatable, methodical testing of technical solutions
- Assisting customers to define equipment and service pilots and their desired outcome
- Maintaining a precise chronological log of customer actions, issues and resolutions using the provided tools
- Recommending and evaluating new products, services and technologies of interest to the management team
- Supporting the marketing team by contributing to knowledge-based articles and white papers for enhanced customer support purposes
- Assisting the sales organisation in driving a consultative sales approach, contributing to opportunity reviews
- Serving as a technical liaison between customers, colleagues, and partners (e.g. systems integrators and manufacturers) to ensure successful solution trials and deployments
- Occasional travel
- On-call critical escalations support roster participation
The candidate for this role would ideally:
- Have an excellent understanding of IP networking and mobile core network architecture
- Have an in-depth understanding of VPN topologies and associated routing, firewalling and authentication services
- Have an excellent understanding of common Enterprise IT architectures
- Be able to clearly and easily communicate technical solutions to customers in an approachable manner
- Have experience in actively monitoring and managing open support cases and providing enterprise technical support, help desk or systems / network administration as required
- Be able to provide timely reporting information to management
- Be able to help improve and develop new systems and methods, contributing to the overall support team
- Be able to troubleshoot, prioritise issues and work under pressure
- Have excellent communication skills and etiquette, with customer-facing experience
- Be able to meet KPI/SLA goals as assigned
- Be competent with Windows Server administration
- Be competent in wireless technologies
The following experience and qualifications are desirable:
- IP networking qualifications (CISCO or equivalent)
- Experience working with cellular technologies such as GPRS, 3G and LTE
- Experience working with partners such as mobile network operators, manufacturers and systems integrators
- Understanding of embedded systems and development
- Linux/Unix OS
- IP/MPLS OSPF, BGP, RADIUS
This is a full-time role based in Caldicot and offers an excellent opportunity for self-development. The networking industry today is a growing, ever-evolving and exciting place to be and Westbase, at the forefront of this growth, is able to offer exposure to all tiers of suppliers and manufacturers ̶ providing unique access to technical insights and knowledge. We are looking for an aspiring individual who will enjoy the challenges and rewards of our industry.
If you are interested in applying, then please send your CV to email@example.com.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.