Trax Technologies is transforming global logistics to help customers reduce risk, save money, and improve supply chain efficiency. Unlike traditional freight audit & payment solutions, our innovative platform starts with a foundation of powerful data science. We then apply easy-to-use SaaS technologies and expert frameworks to help clients uncover valuable logistics business intelligence. Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Trax has approximately 300 employees across 4 global offices.
We are hiring a Senior Business Development in Glasgow, Scotland. This person will be instrumental in growing and cultivating the Business Development team in our EMEA region. He/She will report into the Senior VP of Corporate Sales.
The Trax Business Development Team is a critical part of our corporate sales process, helping to improve Trax’s market position and increase financial growth. Our Business Development Representatives identify prospects, create opportunities, and close sales. The ideal candidate will bring relevant business development experience, high intellectual capacity and a super-solid work ethic to the role. Candidates must have a passion for winning with principle, and motivated to make a difference everyday.
- Meet assigned individual and team revenue quotas.
- Develop qualified sales opportunities in specific vertical industries.
- Develop relationships with prospective new customers across multiple functions (Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance, Global Transportation, etc.).
- Convert opportunities into closed sales by understanding buying processes, requirements, and articulating Trax’s broader value proposition.
- This role will support senior sales management, oversee day-to-day sales activities, motivate and guide junior sales associates and be proactive to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Trax’s competitive positioning in the marketplace and learn and improve his/her sales skills and supply chain domain knowledge.
- Continuously review sales and working practices and contribute to their improvements.
- Rigorously use CRM and maintain accuracy of CRM data.
- 25% travel required
Required Skills and Experience
- 5-10 years software / SaaS sales experience
- Experience in selling supply chain, global trade, transportation management, and financial supply chain or like solutions at an enterprise level.
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain solutions, pricing practices and business operations.
- Track record of highly developed successful selling, customer relations and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively communicate and engage sales with Director, VP, SVP, and C-Levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a proven track record of building customer relationships over the phone and via web conferencing.
- Experience working with remote/ senior stakeholders to build a “one-team” mentality.
- Work globally across cultures and be able to adapt to different communication styles.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Business level language: English
- Track record of exceeding established sales quotas.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and use good judgment.
- High energy, drive, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong business development expertise and the ability to teach those skills to others.
Set up a job alert.