Huws Gray are a fast-growing company and since our formation in 1990, we have developed from a single branch of 5 staff in Anglesey to over 70 branches with over 900 staff. Including our Head Office in Anglesey we currently stretch from Hay-on-Wye in Herefordshire up to Penrith in Cumbria and across to Derby in the Midlands. Following on from the recent acquisition of the Cambridge based Ridgeons Group, Huws Gray have now expanded their brand to the South East of England, making Huws Gray the UK’s largest independent Builders Merchant employing in total over 1800 staff. Huws Gray recently obtained private equity investment and this investment combined with the continued dynamics within the company has seen Huws Gray’s rate of growth increase rapidly and this new position is a consequence of this.
As a HUWS GRAY SENIOR SALES PERSON, you would be working as part of a team, and would report to the Branch Management Team and Huws Gray Area Managers. Your key responsibilities would include: –
- Exceeding our customers’ expectations by dealing with them professionally and courteously, by telephone or face-to-face on the sales counter
- Counter and telephone sales
- Maintaining and developing sales leads
- Following up sales enquiries and quotations
- Maintaining and developing existing and new customer relationships
- Achieving and exceeding your sales targets
- The successful candidate will possess the following attributes: –
- Able to work on your own initiative, but also willing to work as part of a wider team
- A good communicator being presentable, approachable, positive and polite
- Motivated, energetic and passionate about your work
What will you get in return??
As a valued member within the Huws Gray team you would be supported by many different teams, all of whom are here to help you in delivering excellent customer sales and service to all our customers, suppliers and colleagues, and in maintaining the company’s reputation as an employer of choice.
As an Employer of choice, in return for your commitment, passion and drive Huws Gray will reward you with the following: –
- Competitive rates of pay
- Guaranteed weekly hours
- 24 days annual leave in addition to recognised public and bank holidays
- Company attendance and performance bonuses
- Regular overtime
- Being part of a Saturday morning work rota – working every other Saturday.
- Company pension scheme – in line with auto enrolment.
- Career progression and personal development opportunities
- Being part of a “team” as opposed to just being a number.
- Staff discounts on items purchased from any of our nationwide branches
- Enjoying rewards such as annual celebrations, special events and outings as well as paid lunch once a month!
If you have the drive and passion to be a part of the successful team at Huws Gray, and you feel that you have what we are looking for then we are looking forward to hearing off you.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.