Cyberpower UK, a Gaming PC manufacturer based in Gateshead, is seeking a Social Media & Digital Content Officer to join their existing Marketing team. You must be a creative thinker, and able to take the initiative to drive Cyberpower UK’s social content and engagement to the next level. Community building within the gaming world is a key factor for this role. It is essential that the candidate have a great understanding and an interest in the current gaming market (understanding of eSports, popular games and PC technology trends).
This role is to predominantly create and deliver social and digital content and to engage and improve the Cyberpower UK community. Working with the manager on strategy, you will be responsible for developing all social channels. We are looking for a gamer who knows what gamers want but can then use this knowledge to engage and develop the already existing social platforms we are involved in, as well as engaging with new communities in platforms we haven’t looked into yet.
- Managing the social media channels across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Discord, YouTube, Forum; creating content (Video, Photo, Copy) and, developing a continued presence for the business
- Look at new social platforms which will suit our company such as TikTok & Reddit. Develop an online presence to build brand awareness and increase conversions.
- Engage with the social audiences we currently have and create a plan to improve the engagement and continuing to develop the brands tone of voice.
- Write educational SEO driven content for our blog to optimise keywords that are linked to our core products and campaigns
- Actively manage, grow and promote our blog, and pitch articles to relevant third-party platforms (outreach)
- Regular newsletter content creation and implementation. Optimise our email marketing programme to increase engagement and conversions
- Working with the Digital Marketing Officer to update the web content with SEO in mind
- Continuous market research to make sure we are on top of the game in the social & gaming world, pitching ideas to the manager to further improve the current effort
- Looking at Twitch and how we can best optimise this platform into our existing marketing plan
- Tracking, measuring and analysing all communications activity and providing results to management
- Identify outreach possibilities and create digital content to promote the company in a positive light
- Perform additional ad-hoc duties for the marketing team
The Ideal Candidate will have
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of social media channels including Twitch
- Quality engagement skills to keep our audiences continuously engaged and informed
- Good written, communication and proof-reading skills
- Gaming knowledge including hardware and latest trends
- A passion for marketing and eager to learn new things
Desirable but Not Essential
- Working knowledge of; Mailchimp, E-clincher (social manager tool), WordPress & Google Analytics
Working Hours & Salary
- Office based in Gateshead, UK
- 9am – 5.30pm with occasional social engagement needed afterhours
- Salary negotiable based on experience
If you feel you have the relevant experience and skills, please apply with an up-to-date version of your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.