As a SOLIDWORKS Sales Engineer you have a great opportunity to use your mechanical engineering knowledge to develop our customers into using the fuller range of SOLIDWORKS products. Your activities would consist of making consultative visits to customers to understand their current processes, identifying areas of improvement and recommending/demonstrating products or services to help them. You would be rewarded for the opportunities you discover which convert into closed business.
As part of the World’s Most Qualified SOLIDWORKS Technical Team, you are encouraged to develop your CAD capabilities, with the chance to become the ‘best of the best’ as a SOLIDWORKS Elite Applications Engineer. This is a significant challenge in its own right. The learning curve is steep but definitely worthwhile.
Understanding how SOLIDWORKS is used in many different industries to develop many different products means you’re never short of new experiences and the opportunity to travel.
Your Experience / Skills
We are looking for degree qualified engineers or designers with a minimum of 3 years in industry, but with commercial awareness and questioning personality. CAD experience is essential as is a willingness to learn. If you have a proven track record in problem solving and the expertise and passion to focus your energy on the needs of our customers we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for individuals with the drive and commitment to go the extra mile who can demonstrate:
The ability to understand the needs of our customers and to work closely with them to present solutions to meet client needs.
The ability to work with our customer base across a wide range of industries providing proactive advice and exceptional customer service.
- Developing customers in their use of SOLIDWORKS products
- Conducting consultative meetings with technical and management level customers to understand current processes and potential improvements
- Creating and maintaining relationships within customers at multiple levels in multiple departments
- Customer lead follow-up and qualification
- Understanding customer requirements via calls and meetings
- Conducting software demonstrations
- Identifying additional opportunities within customers for simulation, data management, SOLIDWORKS composer, SOLIDWORKS Electrical, training and consultancy
- Working with the territory sales person to produce quotations and illustrate the value of our solutions
Successful candidates will have the ability to develop customer relationships, to understand their needs and translate into solutions that deliver real business benefits. We offer full training and career development.
Successful candidates will have the ability to develop customer relationships, to understand their needs and translate into solutions that deliver real business benefits.
Solid Solutions is a great place to work. Despite having over 100 employees nationwide we retain the energy and enthusiasm usually associated with younger, smaller companies. Ideas are encouraged, voices are heard and efforts are directly translated into business successes. The sense of community also extends outside work hours with some great social events. Discover more about Solid Solutions
£22,000-£30,000 Base Salary
+ Car Allowance
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: