We’re looking for a Strategic Account Manager Lead to be responsible for the successful onboarding of our key clients, and then driving their success and growth as a Paddle customer. Reporting to the Head of Customer Success, you’ll play a key part in driving revenue realisation.
Paddle’s business is growing fast, successfully winning business at larger and more complex B2B SaaS organisations. We are building more sophisticated processes to onboard our customers efficiently, help them drive their own business successfully, and build long-term relationships. We are looking for a team lead who has experience with deployment at large mid-market and enterprise scale organisations within the SaaS industry who can help design and evolve the processes we need, and provide leadership to existing and new team members.
Our success as a business is founded on the strength of our teams. As a Strategic Account Manager Lead, you will set the tone for our Account Managers and foster a culture of strong achievement, integrity, collaboration, continuous learning, and responsibility.
What you’ll do
- You will onboard, consult with and advise some of our largest and most strategically complex SaaS Customers.
- You drive the time to value metrics for our largest customers during their onboarding process.
- You will develop a deep understanding of customer needs, their business model and overall strategy.
- You will set the direction and empower the success of the team by training them to be more effective at onboarding our customers, consulting and delivering value from day one and reducing the time to value for each customer.
- You will nurture and coach the team to
- build strong and lasting relationships with customer stakeholders, including executives
- develop their strategic thinking through a deep understanding of the customers’ strategy
- develop their business acumen to drive revenue.
- You will work closely with Sales and Solution Architects and articulate value throughout the sales process to ensure the customers are set up for successful onboarding.
- You will lead and coach the team to prepare for onboarding kick-off meetings for key customers.
- You will help develop handover and onboarding playbooks that clearly articulate best practices.
- You will build and maintain great working relationships across the sales, marketing and product departments to accelerate company growth.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You have experience working with B2B SaaS / software businesses.
- You are used to managing strategic relationships with multiple stakeholders at multiple levels in an organisation — including technical teams, finance groups, and senior executives.
- You have experience managing and coaching Account Managers, Implementation Specialists and/or Customer Success Managers at a growth-stage SaaS/software business.
- You have experience leading integration and onboarding projects with large mid-market and enterprise companies.
- You have extensive experience in strategic account management, consulting SaaS businesses, implementation or onboarding with revenue responsibility.
- You are excellent at presenting to technical and non-technical persons in form of QBRs and kick-off meetings.
- You enjoy understanding your customers’ strategy and ambition as well as the motivations of individual stakeholders, while at the same time being sufficiently assertive to drive efficient implementation.
- You see perceived obstacles and objections as an opportunity to engage, consult and deliver value.
- You love a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities to be managed simultaneously.
- You are resilient, optimistic and passionate about technology and complex platforms.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of around 130 people based near Old Street. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare and on-site coaching sessions. We believe in flexible working and offer all team members unlimited holidays and 3 months paid parental leaves regardless of gender. Plus we offer some not-so-standard benefits, which can include anything from joining the office football team, taking up in-office yoga lessons or enjoying a board game night. We host regular company get-togethers and quarterly socials. We have weekly catered lunches and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we’ve raised over $25m in funding from incredible investors such as Notion, BGF and Kindred.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair-friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up-to-date on new opportunities at Paddle!
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.