Vanta Staffing are delighted to be recruiting for a Technical Account Manager to join our clients UK sales team based in Aylesbury. Working hours are Monday to Thursday 9am to 5.30pm and Friday 9am to 5pm. Our client are a leading distributor of speciality raw materials to the European Cosmetic and Toiletry industries. They source their products from around the world and supply them to Personal Care manufacturers including multinationals, contract manufacturers and brand names. Based in the UK and Poland, they are a dynamic company where it is possible to influence decision-making and really make a difference. Personal Care is a thriving global manufacturing sector that includes Skincare, Haircare, Cosmetics and Toiletries. The Personal Care industry therefore offers science graduates a rewarding career with the opportunity to use their imagination, creativity and scientific understanding to shape the products that consumers use every day.
We are ideally we’re looking for someone that has a strong scientific background and has come from a similar role within the industry. The technical Account Manager would sit within the sales team and work closely with the R and D team within the company. Personality is key for this company and we are therefore looking for someone who is confident, friendly, and hardworking and thrives on building relationships. As this role requires regular visits to client sites it would require someone who has a UK driving license and is interested in travelling as part of their role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and self-motivated person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will have a strong scientific education and preferably a degree in a scientific subject, the ability to learn and understand new technologies, a scientific approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure. In addition you will be flexible and customer service orientated, thorough, organised and autonomous and a clear and concise communicator.
The Sales team maintain excellent relationships with our customers, developing new business and giving technical support to customers’ R&D departments. There is great scope for creativity and personal development within this role, and you will be supported by extensive training on our products, a fully equipped laboratory, enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, and outside training where required. This role is essential in enabling the business to continue to provide our customers and suppliers with excellence in innovation and customer service. The successful candidate will benefit from the exciting opportunities and on-going career development that we can offer.
This role includes responsibility for:
- Developing strong technical understanding of our wide range of Personal Care ingredients, their chemistry, benefits and formulation characteristics.
- Understanding the needs of each of our customers.
- Communicating scientific information clearly and concisely.
- Supporting customers throughout their development process, from concept to product launch.
- Visiting UK customers to develop long-term working relationships with their R&D, Purchasing and Marketing teams.
- Helping our Technical Development Chemists to create new Personal Care formulations that demonstrate the benefits of our products.
- Identifying new business opportunities.
- Attending relevant Cosmetic and Toiletry industry meetings, seminars, exhibitions and symposia to increase knowledge of the Personal Care industry.
Vanta Staffing Limited is acting as an Employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.