We are currently recruiting a Technical Sales Manager to work within our Sales & Marketing department. The main duties of the Technical Sales Manager will be to develop new business opportunities and customers for high power semiconductor devices, liaising with staff both in China and the UK to determine product availability and prices. You will provide technical engineering support to the customer as required to secure the business and deal with any after sales enquiries. You will be responsible for managing allocated customer accounts achievement of yearly sales targets for a defined product range or customer region as agreed with the Sales & Marketing Director.
The key focus is to develop new business opportunities and customers for high power semiconductor devices, liaising with staff both in China and the UK to determine product availability and prices. You will provide technical engineering support to the customer as required to secure the business and deal with any after sales enquiries. You will be responsible for managing allocated customer accounts achievement of yearly sales targets for a defined product range or customer region as agreed with the Sales & Marketing Director.
To be successful in this role you will have a positive can-do attitude and have three years plus proven experience of sales within the high-power semiconductor industry. You will be able to speak, write and listen fluently in both English and Mandarin. One of your key skills will be to use your experience of innovative sales methods to attract new business. The successful candidate will be customer focused, driven with extensive experience of the high-power semiconductor industry.
- To undertake sales visits with business area ensuring that all information is sent in a timely manner and/or provided to the prospective/current customer. Ensuring that the sales presentation is prepared and executed to a high standard.
- You will have the ability to complete international travel frequently.
- Raise brand awareness, establishing relations and profitable sales leads at externals meetings/conferences.
- Create, develop and maintain effective and efficient customer relations ensuring that customer needs are met and that any queries or questions are responded to within 48 hours of receipt.
- You will be able to identify and develop new business opportunities that positively contribute towards increasing the number of business sales achieved in the previous year by at least £300K or 10% of annual booking target, whichever is greater.
- Act as an ambassador for Dynex Semiconductor at all external events ensuring that the qualities of the company are clearly demonstrated.
- Dealing with customer complaints and queries ensuring that a holding response is send to customer and that they are kept up to date with progress of their complaint. Conducting activities associated with receipt of sales from customers, ensuring that appropriate information databases are updated in line with sales demand and advising production planners of sales.
- Technical support to customers if necessary.
- Idea generation of new marketing materials and recommendation to Sales & Marketing Director and contribution towards marketing and advertising plans.
- Using Company procedures to advise other departments of a sales order and actions to be taken i.e. invoicing etc.
- Monitor, review and evaluate competitor activity and where identified, making recommendations to the Sales & Marketing Director in respect of changes to pricing/marketing activities etc.
- Queries: A log should be kept of all questions or queries detailing; date of query, response to query and completion date.
- Complaints: All complaints should be dealt with in 72 hours unless previously agreed. A log should be kept of all complaints detailing; date of complaint, complaint in full, response to complaint and completion date.
- Contributing to, updating and maintaining sales and related databases ensuring that all information is accurate in order to support production activities.
- Maintain an effective up to date forecast for the sales region, and monitor and report lost business.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field
- You will be able to demonstrate an above average track record in sales.
- You will have experience of using innovative sales methods to attract new business.
- You will have knowledge of innovative marketing techniques of semiconductor devices.
- 2 years minimum exposure of an engineering manufacturing environment.
- 3 years minimum experience in sales and marketing in a high-power semiconductor industry.
- You will be able to demonstrate good sales techniques through value/quantity of sales achieved in the previous 12 months.
- Speak, write and listen fluently in English and Mandarin
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.