THE COMPANY: Peak Scientific Instruments is the global market leader in the design, manufacture and servicing of instrument gas generators for analytical laboratories in the life science and biomedical sectors. Established in the UK in 1997 near Glasgow (Scotland), where its corporate Headquarters, and high-tech manufacturing and R&D facilities reside, Peak is one of Scotland’s fastest-growing manufacturing businesses, with over a decade of sustained high growth and a significant local presence in every continent – including major operations in North America, China and India.
With this continuing success and growth, we are looking for a Territory Manager to drive sales and profitability with our extensive channel partner network as well as our OEM Accounts and end users also.
Our current turnover is £66 million, with plans in place to grow significantly over the next few years. Whilst we manufacture at our headquarters in Inchinnan and we export 90% of our products to over 126 countries. With an expanding global presence, our global offices include the USA, China, South Africa, India, Brazil, Singapore, Mexico and Australia.
THE ROLE: Reporting to the Senior Territory Manager, this role will be Glasgow based with extensive travel, approx. 40% and you will be responsible for:
- Managing and continuing to develop our Peak channel partners across the Middle East/ North Africa region
- Achieving / exceeding annual sales targets
- Providing technical advice and support for OEMs/channel partners/key accounts
- Supporting customers/channel partners throughout the sales process which will involve travel, meetings, pricing discussions, producing quotations and follow-up etc
- Finding new sources for leads, from a business development perspective
- Advising/updating channel partners on new product launches.
- Supporting Peak business in all areas of the channel partner network, involving training, end user sales support and other activities.
- Provide monthly reports to management.
- Attending trade shows where required and working closely with the Marketing team to gather market and customer information.
- Achieving sales targets and working closely with the Service department to grow revenue in the region.
- CRM data management for your region.
THE CANDIDATE: Preferably educated to Degree level, you will have a proven track record in technical sales, preferably within a scientific field. Knowledge of Gas Chromatography markets and applications would be beneficial but not essential. International sales experience or specific experience in Middle Eastern/North African markets would be a bonus. Developing relationships with our channel partners is key to success in this role so you should be a strong relationship builder with the ability to comfortably adapt and manage diverse territories. You will be an excellent problem-solver, both technically and commercially. In addition to strong business acumen, you will be ambitious, driven and happy to be measured by results, whether that’s new business revenue, development and growth of existing business and/or effective territory coverage.
Customer focussed, with the ability to effectively communicate with all areas of the business, you will be comfortable taking responsibility for negotiating at a senior level and strategic planning to ensure maximum market coverage across key accounts.
Your key attributes will also include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and ensure deadlines are met.
- Self-starter – driven with a ‘do what it takes’ attitude to achieve results
- Fantastic communication skills, with the ability to communicate and build lasting relationships on all levels.
There is a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to develop within a rapidly expanding technology manufacturing business, in a very energised and challenging environment. If you can see yourself in our global business, please click the Apply button.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.