Veolia Water Technologies, the world leader in water treatment. Veolia Water Technologies provide complete solutions for water treatment. Innovating in key areas such as sustainable development, resource and by-product recovery, our differentiating water treatment processes enable us to offer solutions suited to every application. We are experts in water.
Are you someone who wants to make a difference selling world leading water treatment products and services to customers and market’s needing
At Veolia Water Technologies, we encourage entrepreneurial spirit, empowering our employees to make their own decisions to support the continued growth of our business. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
The Water Treatment Chemicals services platform from Veolia Water Technologies provides speciality and general water treatment chemical conditioning services primarily for industrial clients. Through our expertise and service organisation we are able to provide services for a multiple of applications including boiler water treatment, cooling water treatment, effluent and influent water treatment and water reuse programs. The Water Treatment Chemical team has a great reputation in the Veolia business with excellent growth prospects, so this is an amazing opportunity to join this team to grow the business further and make a real difference
Where will I be working?
You will be field based focusing on Scotland.
What will I be doing?
As a Business Development Manager, you will be selling water treatment chemical solutions and services to customers within Scotland.
Your drive and enthusiasm will deliver new business growth in defined areas, providing technical and application insight to customers to enable them to recommend or purchase our products and services as their preferred and trusted supplier.
In this challenging and variable role you will plan your territory and account coverage, make customer appointments and visits, and have input into territory marketing initiatives to stimulate customer interest. Building and maintaining strong internal & external customer relationships.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Carrying out sufficient sales activity, territory coverage and future prospect development to secure orders and achieve personal, annual financial targets;
- Maintaining a high level of technical and commercial awareness, curiosity and competence to demonstrate your value to customers and in turn, maximise your personal achievements
- Providing accurate and timely information and reporting in the CRM
- Working closely with the marketing teams, developing growth targets and appropriate activities.
- Understanding customer needs, presenting solutions and creating proposals that clearly identifies our added value to the customer;
- Maintaining good knowledge of competitor strategy and activity to identify new areas of business growth;
- Providing excellent service to the customer ensuring they are kept up to date with all progress;
- Attend trade shows and/or industry conferences to network, be a guest speaker or promote the business;
Coordinate with all other UK Veolia teams as required, sharing best practices and insight.
Do I have what it takes?
- We are looking for someone who is energetic, self motivated and curious with a sense of personal pride and motivation to be the best and most admired salesperson in our team. They should be demanding of the business to give them the best tools and support to help them be successful.
Being able to demonstrate the following attributes will also be advantageous:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong presentation skills, able to engage people in our technologies, products and services;
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and the wider business.
- Passionate about customer service with the ability to engage empathetically with our customers problems;
- The confidence to successfully negotiate and close a deal;
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures;
- Sound computer literacy, and ability to use CRM tools such as Salesforce
Due to the technical nature of selling water treatment chemical solutions, you will have a Science, Environmental or Engineering Degree or be qualified by experience. Experience in selling technical services solutions is advantageous, and your personal attributes will need to demonstrate that you are someone who will drive the business forward selling water treatment chemical solutions in the UK Industrial market.
What’s in it for me?
We are a global business, so you will benefit from a very broad exposure to Veolia. Within this you will have the ability to network and benefit from sales and technical training programs from experts within your field and fields associated with water treatment technology.
A training and development plan will be designed for you as we want you to grow and develop within Veolia; this may include external run training as required for the role.
Veolia offers the following benefits to name a few;
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
And also….. Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Shopping discounts and much more.
(*Somebenefits are based on successful completion of a probation period and length of service)
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.