At Exertis, we thrive in a company culture that is driven to deliver more for customers. Our employees are committed, proactive and motivated. This dynamic environment contributes to a thriving growth-focused culture throughout Exertis, providing many career opportunities that span sales, commercial and corporate activities
Working as part of a team and reporting to the Sales Manager, this role is accountable for establishing and developing a customer account base in the reseller market. Proactively managing the sales of Exertis products into the account base to exceed monthly profit targets and achieve Key Performance Indicators in line with the expectations set out by Exertis.
- Managing own performance against key performance indicators; including but not limited to Gross Profit, call activity, margin and traded accounts with the support of the Sales Manager
- Lead sourcing and qualifying new accounts with the potential to do business with Exertis
- Targeting and profiling potential leads to establish opportunities for new business and encourage new customers to open an account with Exertis
- Building relationships with the key stakeholders in the account base – maintaining regular contact to Introduce new manufacturers, products and technologies to Exertis customers to achieve sales growth
- Developing and demonstrating industry leading product knowledge and proactively keeping abreast of new trends / products in the market by attending product and vendor training, researching and self-study
- Engaging the Sales Manager, vendors and / or the commercial team to identify and report large sales opportunities that may require additional support to secure business
- Identifying accounts with significant profit or product opportunity warranting additional support or focus and arranging visits for the BDM and / or Sales manager
- Working with the Sales Manager to review the factors affecting target achievement such as non-traders, stock availability and competition to revise the approach and take appropriate action where necessary
- Demonstrating high levels of motivation to drive towards targets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis ensuring consistently high levels of team morale
- Building internal relationships to encourage synergy with other departments such as Commercial, Customer Service and Credit Control
- Working towards performance objectives agreed with the Sales Manager and taking appropriate action on any feedback on performance
- Taking accountability for opportunities and training to develop skills, knowledge and behaviour according to the personal development plan (PDP) agreed with the Sales Manager
Skills and Experience
- Maintaining a high performing work ethic in line with company values and management expectations
- Resolving internal and external issues promptly and professionally – escalating to the Sales manager where necessary
- Using the internal systems to track performance
- Developing the skills to deliver ad hoc presentations where required such as covering for the Sales Manager or at customer meetings
- Attending side by side coaching sessions with the Sales manager. Agreeing and completing SMART objectives to increase productivity and improve performance
- Attending daily team meetings to learn about incentives and promotions and to communicate important product messages to entire account base
- Gathering and recording accurate, timely and relevant CRM data in order for it to be used to develop stronger relationships and maximise profit opportunity
- Maintaining electronic price feeds to customers through the internal system to ensure that all prices are up to date and accurate and that the correct margin parameters are in place
- Driving the web proposition of Exertis by educating customers about the web offering, signing new customers up to trade through the Exertis website
- Demonstrating strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the Group Business Conduct Guidelines.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.