Ainscough Crane Hire are recruiting for an additional Area Sales Manager to cover the Birmingham and Coventry areas.
We require a motivated, driven and self-sufficient Area Sales Manager to join the business at a critical time in order to increase sales in the West Midlands – around Birmingham and Coventry depot areas.
About Ainscough Crane Hire
Ainscough Crane Hire is the market leader for lifting solutions to the infrastructure, construction, power generation and industrial markets. The company was founded in Wigan in 1976 and now operates nationally from 30 depots ranging from Invergordon to Exeter, including a dedicated Heavy Cranes division and Transport division. Our offering is unique: with the most experienced team in the industry operating the country’s largest fleet of cranes and capacity of up to 1000 tonnes across our specialist teams, safety is at the heart of everything we do. Our knowledge and experience allow us to bring innovative lifting solutions to our customers’ problems.
How are we different?
- At Ainscough, our motto is ‘Make the Safe Choice’; this applies to everything we do.
- Health & Safety – We have numerous accreditations & awards for outstanding QHSE, including ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001
- Reliability – Stringent fleet maintenance schedules to increase availability & reliability
- Availability – We have one of the largest heavy haulage fleets in the UK, with 400+ cranes across 30 locations
- Experience – Expertise on all aspects of a lift; from the initial consultation stage through to execution
The Role of an Area Sales Manager
At Ainscough Crane Hire, the role of an Area Sales Manager involves:
- To develop and maintain the relationships with portfolio customers, cover major projects and support the local depot with SPOT revenue opportunities to grow revenue profitably.
- To develop, maintain and increase revenue for the territory to achieve and exceed on budgets.
- To develop a new business pipeline, recording all activity and opportunities on Salesforce CRM.
- Maintain relationships with the full high, deep and wide structure of key decision makers on each account. Ensure Ainscough resources are matched to relevant KDM’s.
- To research key business sectors, use facts, figures and tools to present plans, and forecast future goals and targets.
- To deal effectively with sales leads from across the business.
- To ensure that the targeted number of appointments and meetings is met or exceeded in line with targeted KPI objectives.
- To be responsible for achieving predetermined monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets in line with specific pricing guidelines.
- To negotiate contracts and framework agreements with new clients within agreed parameters.
- Undertake other duties that management may reasonably request.
- To provide regular updates and forecasts on pipeline, projects and frameworks to the Regional Sales Manager.
Who are we looking for? We’re on the lookout for an experienced sales professional who has strong negotiation and
relationship skills. The ability to deliver value-added presentations to clients, understanding
clients’ needs and resolving issues is essential. You will need to have the ability to collate and
analyse data, therefore strong PC literacy is key. In addition, you will need to have the ability
to work under pressure, be self-motivated, committed to meeting deadline (self-imposed and
external) and to manage multiple requirements and demands effectively.
An understanding of crane hire and the market is helpful but not essential, however you must
have plant sales experience.
With this particular position, there will be an emphasis on key infrastructure and construction
projects, therefore, a full 360 candidate with business development, account management
and project management experience will be preferred.
Due to geography this role will be covering, we are looking for someone who resides in the
Some of the main benefits include:
- Competitive salary DOE
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Generous commission structure
- A strong approach to employee safety
- Access to the company Perk Box benefits scheme including free mobile phone insurance, discounts and a free coffee every month
- Pension scheme (after 3 months)
- Death in service and accident lump sum benefit
- Company sick pay
- And many more!
Please note, we are not using any external agencies for this position.
Any CV’s/candidate details sent to us will be treated as a gift and we will not be liable for any fee.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.