To understand and develop our range of products into the general tool, workshop and garage markets. Primarily our range of pneumatic equipment such as tools and compressors. Creating and managing campaigns from conception through to completion using different channels available including social media, web, e-mail and conventional promotions.
- To increase sales and profitability in line with agreed targets and objectives.
- “Champion” the Company’s Workshop range of products and services.
- Ensure we promote to the market place using current marketing routes along with any future routes not yet explored or developed.
- Carry out all duties as an integral member of the marketing department and within the scope of this Job Description in an efficient, cost effective and quality focussed manner within accepted and agreed deadlines.
- Develop strategies for promoting the Company’s Workshop products.
- Utilise all recourses for promotion including field sales, internal sales marketing, e-commerce, social media, tele-marketing etc. Liaise with all departments accordingly.
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained to sell and support the products and services.
- Ensure al staff have access to any technical and sales material necessary to support their sales role.
- Ensure the Company remains up-to-date and continually adheres to the relevant regulations and guidance relating to the products and services.
- Identify new customers for the products and services and new products and services for our customers.
- Identify new product opportunities from existing suppliers. Launch such products internally and to markets. Ensure all staff trained accordingly.
- Be primary contact for all relevant suppliers including relationship and commercial negotiations.
- Manage completely all relevant campaigns from concept through planning, implementation, follow-up, monitoring, reporting and to feed-back.
- Work closely with E Marketing to optimise opportunities and market penetration. Work closely with the Companies Sales and Branch Centre teams to ensure the products and services are sold and supported effectively.
- Ensure that any sales opportunities, sales/marketing information or sales leads, arising from marketing, visits, telephone enquiries or customer follow-ups are swiftly dealt with by the most appropriate method.
- Help out with customer queries both technically and commercially.
- Support, guide and motivate our staff during the selling of the products and services.
- Where appropriate directly target and sell the products and services.
- Continually investigate, research and present new business opportunities within the scope of the position.
- Work closely with purchasing to ensure we achieve the best value and services from our suppliers e.g. buying prices, stock, delivery etc.
- Ensure stock profiles reflect Thorite’s business needs and is in-line with any financial constraints.
- Manage customer and prospect records in the companies CRM system to ensure maximum possible exposure.
See below our 10 reasons to work for Thorite.
If you come to us but lack skills, we will give you all the training you need to be able to do your job. There will also be opportunities to further your training in order to progress, as we have training opportunities for you to obtain NVQ and DipCAM qualifations, and many more. You invest in us, and we invest in you!
Be one of our many staff members who rise through the ranks. Many of our field sales staff started as internal sales within a branch, before being promoted to Branch Supervisor, and then Key Account Manager. We have plenty of career development opportunities and want to help you to be as successful as you can possibly be.
From problem solving to spur of the moment inspiration, there will be lots of challenges for you in whatever role you choose.
We’ll give you 22 days holiday per year, plus another 8 for bank holidays. This makes a total of 30 days holiday for you to relax! But even better than this is that after you’ve been with us for 2 years, we’ll give you an extra 3 days holiday per year. This means that if you stay with us for 2 years or more, you’ll have a total of 33 days per year!
We have a contributory pension scheme which you can sign up to from day one of your journey with us. We want to make sure you have a comfortable retirement.
- Established company
The origins of Thorite go back to 1850 and we have remained a family-run business. We are an established company and are the UK’s biggest distributor of pneumatic products and process systems.
- Growing business
Based in Yorkshire, we have expanded our reach to the North East and the Midlands by opening two more Sales & Service Centres.
- Be part of our success!
We want to share our current success with you, and also as time goes by you can contribute to the continuing success of the business. Perhaps you’ll even be a driving factor in it!
- Competitive salary
We offer a competitive salary. Dependent upon the job title, you may also be eligible for bonus schemes or/and a quality contract hire car.
- Equal opportunity company
It is our policy to treat all employees, job applicants, customers and suppliers fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, or disability.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.