Aspire Cambridge are recruiting for a Business Development Manager on behalf of our client based in Waterbeach, Cambridge.
As the Business Development Manager (BDM) you will be responsible for the service delivery, growth and reputation within the region. The Business Development Manager will network and build strong relationships with public bodies and forge a strong pipeline of referrals and, meeting operational targets. Additionally, the BDM will deliver on established sales targets through identifying, prospecting, and closing new client’s sales orders to meet the organisations KPI’s targets for growth and profitability while maintaining relationships with existing key clients.
You will have a proven track record of producing successful, high quality tenders, proposals with the ability to identify and build strong relationships with public bodies, and other key stakeholders. You will build pipelines of opportunity leading the Business strategy for future business.
- Develop and implement an annual Business Development plan for the Company.
- Prepare an annual marketing budget and manage the budget throughout the year.
- Proactively identify and develop new business sources including tendering for new contracts.
- Strengthen the Company’s business development and marketing processes, systems and procedures including knowledge database and management; lead identification, selection and management; lead and opportunities pipeline; etc.
- Attend external meetings and represent the service in a positive manner
- Maintain a cycle of business development activities including:
- The identification and cultivation of potential clients
- Market research
- Preparing marketing strategies and plans
- Marketing visits
- Presentations, attendance at conferences and seminars
- Delivering and publishing papers
- Maintaining the Companies profile presence in the market.
- Strengthen the processes, systems and procedures to improve the quality and speed of preparation of expressions of interest, pre-qualification documents and proposals for opportunities and ensure continuous improvement.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of expressions of interest, pre-qualification documents and proposals ensuring high and consistent standards are maintained throughout.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with existing and potential key clients, strategic partner firms and independent consultants.
- Organise and implement a client and partner care program including:
- Client satisfaction/feedback surveys
- Client and partner development activities
- Client and partner events.
- Contribute to the planning, management and development of the Company.
- Conduct reviews of projects, ensuring that any lessons learnt are appropriately disseminated and acted upon.
- Raising the company profile by attending expositions, providers meetings and seminars
- Being aware of market trends and competitors
- Complying with regulations and laws of business development
- Maintaining a positive attitude that inspires co-workers and clients to grow the business
- Participate in the growth and development of the business.
- Assessing team performance when it comes to growing the business through client acquisition and sales
- Writing reports and analysing relevant business data
- Determining the reasons for profits and losses
- Promoting a culture of growth through sales across the business
- Educating team members on best business practices and techniques for increasing effectiveness
- Finding new clients and promoting sales to them
- Following up on client leads
- Being knowledgeable about the services offered by the business
Key measures & targets:
- Market intelligence reports to be updated with the research team to track targets
- Client engagement numbers against opportunities converted
- New clients introduced
- Customer Satisfaction undertaken and feedback to be reported quarterly to the Directors
- Operational Director
- Branch Manager
- Human Resources Team
Interviews: Tuesday 8th October 2019
Location: Waterbeach, Cambridge
Hours: Mon to Fri Full Time
Salary: £30,700.22 – £ 35,264.90 per annum plus benefits
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team on 01223 855440 or apply online. Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an employment agency in regards to this permanent vacancy.
Our Recruitment Consultants offer specialist marketplace expertise in Temporary Staffing Solutions and Permanent Introductions across our seven Specialist Recruitment Divisions; Office Support, Legal & HR – Industrial & Manufacturing – Food Production – Finance & Accountancy – Hospitality – IT & Engineering – Sales & Marketing – Scientific & Medical. We have an unrivalled knowledge of the jobs marketplace so it’s no wonder that we hold an impressive track record of exceeding client and candidate expectations. How do we do it? By “placing people first”.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.