Business Development Manager – North
Prolectric is the UK leading expert on sustainable lighting, power and security and part of the FTSE 250 Hill and Smith plc group. Our revolutionary solar technology provides the most practical way for a business to move away from using traditional fossil fuels and mains power, helping them reduce their carbon footprint.
Since 2011 Prolectric has installed thousands of our award winning solar street lights across the UK. The permanent solar street lights are quick and easy to install, simple to maintain and require zero trenching or mains powered supply. Our valued customers include local Authorities, National Housebuilders, government as well as Tier 1 and Tier 2 infrastructure contractors and they are installed on main roads, car parks, pathways and general walkways.
Due to increasing demand Prolectric have an exciting opportunity to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for increasing sales in the North of the UK. The role is field-based and you will liaise closely with existing customers and be responsible targeting and developing sales with new customers. The role will include product demonstrations and presentations both face to face and online
The BDM role will be based from home with occasional visits to our Head Office in Clevedon. The Clevedon office will provide the base for ongoing training and sales meetings.
- To manage and be responsible for all sales activities in the North that relate to the permanent fixed solar street light products
- Promote, demonstrate and present the many USP’s of installing solar street lights vs mains powered street lights
- Complete site surveys and work closely with the Prolectric design team to provide detailed lighting designs in-line with BS5489 lighting standards
- To carry out any other duties as deemed necessary by the company.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To be responsible for the development and growth of new customers
- To put the customer first, adopting appropriate levels of care and support
- To ensure that the presentation of the company’s customer-facing staff and assets always give the most favourable impression.
- To monitor and control business activity against clearly defined budgets to ensure targets are met.
- To follow admin processes and paperwork required by the company including the CRM software and various social media platforms
- To carry out tasks relating to, but not limited by the duties and responsibilities of the job role, as seen fit by the business.
Skills, knowledge and competencies required
- The successful candidate is likely to be a seasoned professional sales or commercial person who can demonstrate a successful career of achievement within account management and business development.
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- A good understanding of the permanent lighting industry and any experience in solar lighting or renewable energy would be beneficial but not essential
- Extremely self-motivated with a hardworking and proactive approach.
- Outgoing personality combined with an unselfish, team player mentality.
- Strong level of numeracy, totally comfortable using a PC for communication, planning, forecasting, and presenting.
- Results driven / a strong negotiator
- Able to deliver under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
- Extremely confident and adept at product presentations
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: A competitive salary and commission structure is available.
Interested candidates please send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.