European Business Development Manager
Sector: Packaging Distribution
Package: Basic Annual Salary €60,000 plus bonus/OTE
Company Car Allowance, Smartphone, I-Pad & Excellent PLC Benefits
Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK’s largest packaging distributor and we are seeking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager to help spearhead our continued growth within European markets. As a business, we are passionate about providing fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions augmented by outstanding customer service. As a Group we are continuing to grow significantly and always keen to attract new sales talent to our business.
The European Business Development Manager Role
Reporting to the European Development Director, this sales development role will see you take full ownership for generating sustainable sales & margin growth via the effective targeting of major multi-national companies based in Europe. You will firstly formulate and agree a business plan that facilitates both the pro-active targeting of new prospects and capitalises on opportunities to convert existing UK accounts into European customers. All of this will require close collaboration with senior management internally and externally. Aligning Industry best practice, key customer learnings and managing market demands to provide and execute solutions for new and existing customers, ensuring that Sales and Margin targets are exceeded.
European Business Development Manager Key Responsibilities
- Create and implement a business plan for your geographical region in conjunction with the company’s strategy, including Strategic Engagement with Suppliers & New Product Development Awareness
- To proactively identify and target new Major European customers in your specific geographical market by researching prospects and using market information, prepare approach to decision makers and make appointments. Compile and perform customer packaging audits, host customer specific day’s at the Innovation LAB and devise/deliver presentations to showcase Macfarlane’s European offering
- To make commercial decisions and prepare customer proposals based on supply chain, costs to serve whilst balancing the customers’ needs together with the company’s revenue and profit expectation.
- To support the development of the Macfarlane Group European Strategy and respective market verticals within both new and existing business and ensure targets are achieved.
- To work in a constructive manner and to promote co-operation, communication and teamwork to maximize sales and profit opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the European Packaging market
- Ensure a high level of Sales Administration and encourage implementation of excellent Customer Service standards.
- Maximise both sales and profit responsibly by being aware of the profit implications of how we service the customer logistically.
- Be aware of changing Packaging Legislations for your geographical region
Do you have the correct profile?
In order to execute this role successfully, you will be fluent in English, German (both languages are essential, French would also be advantageous), very well organised, adaptable, work well under pressure, and be a good communicator at all levels within our organisation and with key stakeholders in global organisations. A demonstrable track record of significant value-add within senior national accounts capacity is also important. A background and knowledge of the European packaging sector would be distinctly beneficial. As this is a European coverage role, there will be the need for frequent travel whilst being partly home based, so it is important that this is agreeable.
In return we offer an attractive basic starting salary along with a significant profit linked bonus scheme, commission, company car, smartphone & I-Pad. We additionally offer flexible employee benefits incorporating the following: 25 days annual leave (rising up to 27 days with service plus all bank holidays), additional holiday purchasing scheme, contributory pension & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
How to apply/next steps
This is a key appointment whereby we will be taking the next few weeks to identify the very best of applicants in the hope of selecting our favoured candidate to commence in March 2019. Interviews shall be arranged swiftly for shortlisted candidates. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’, uploading your CV in English language and ensuring that it is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can expect to hear back from us within five working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
Set up a job alert.