Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 10,000+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management
Help us make a difference as a Field Sales Executive covering Taunton and surrounding areas
A quick look at the role.
We are looking for a Field Sales Executive to manage, develop and maintain a pipeline of new business opportunities in order to deliver profitable revenue growth for the SME division. The role involves managing and influencing a range of day to day and strategic issues within the new business team. You will have the scope to drive the return on sales through planned, objective management of their sales activities and process. You will also be instrumental in ensuring that Biffa stays ‘ahead of the game’ with respect to service offering, business model and operating methods.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Pro-actively and reactively selling profitable new business within a territory to meet set targets.
- Achieving and exceeding quarterly / annual new business targets
- Managing a sales territory and or prospect lists for business opportunities
- Reporting calls, leads, quotes and contract activity on to the Company Operating System
- Producing and presenting weekly, monthly, quarterly personal performance
- Liaising regularly with Depot Manager / Regional General Manager / Regional Commercial Manager to determine roll out sales offensives within region
- Be the primary interface between Biffa and our target customers.
- Responsible for sales prospecting and pricing negotiations.
Here’s what we require:
- Track record in sales
- Achiever of targets
- History of achievement in new business sales.
- Articulate, confident and assertive.
- You will have excellent inter-personal and presentation skills, demonstrating a strong ‘can do’ attitude towards business development.
- You will be tenacious, resilient, determined to succeed and prepared to ‘go that extra mile’ to win our customer’s commitment towards a lasting and profitable partnership.
- Ability to travel.
- Analytical skills
- Robust and resilient, able to absorb pressure and respond positively
- Experience of building and maintaining customer relationships
- Solid pragmatic approach to delivering to tight deadlines and targets
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary + achievable bonus
- Car or Car allowance
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme.
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.