Jas P Wilson are UK based forestry & firewood machinery suppliers and engineers. Established in 1964, we now serve customers throughout the UK, Europe and beyond from our base in Dalbeattie, South-West Scotland. We supply new and used Valtra tractors, timber cranes and trailers, professional firewood processors and associated products, heavy duty winches and wood chippers, as well as used timber harvester & forwarder parts. We also manufacture the Botex range of heavy-duty timber cranes and trailers in our Dalbeattie base. We are agents for Posch, Lasco, Igland, Keto, Rottne, SP and TP.
Due to our recent decision to open a Southern Depot in the Wiltshire area, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced field sales manager to develop sales strategies, build upon our existing client database, and attract new clients across the South of England. The role is a full time, permanent position. The successful applicant will be provided with full product training.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Manage a number of key client accounts as well as developing the relationships with others, to move these accounts up the value chain.
- Generate and establish new clients within your assigned territory.
Main duties and responsibilities as follows; but not limited to:
- Evaluate customer’s needs, recommend improved materials or machinery to customers showing how changes will lower costs or increase production, thus building productive and long lasting relationships.
- Schedule meetings with clients, travelling to visit clients, research accounts and generate or follow through sales leads.
- Support marketing by attending trade shows and other marketing events.
- Attend meetings and training to keep abreast of the latest developments.
- Be prepared to visit main depot when required.
- Report and provide feedback to management on a weekly basis.
- Occasionally be required to go overseas for training at relevant factories.
Key skills, knowledge & experience:
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.
- Be a self-motivated and confident individual, willing to work independently and be part of a team, hold good communication skills, work to a high standard and be able to work to timescales as required.
- Experience in arboricultural/forestry/agricultural sales would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management.
- Have the desire and ability to provide customers with first class support and information.
- Posses excellent organisational skills, be resourceful and solution driven.
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
We consider we have a winning combination at Jas P Wilson and value all our staff – recognising personal contributions. If you have the relevant experience and would like to seize the opportunity to work with an exciting brand and business, please apply to: Shirley McMinn, HR Manager, Jas P Wilson, Industrial Site, Coast Road, Dalbeattie, DG5 4QU. Email applications also accepted to firstname.lastname@example.org