Our client is a fast growing, award winning FMCG business.
As the Head of Marketing, you will have overall responsibility for developing, delivering and managing the messages and overall image of the business. In this varied role, you will be involved in all aspects of communications throughout the business and be the go-to person for all marketing related activity:
- You will build your team and specialisms around you. Starting initially with the assistance of a Marketing Officer, you will be in the best position to identify where the business might need a copywriter, a graphic designer, freelance activity, agency support… This allows you to focus your recruitment activity against marketing objectives, ensuring you have the best team for the job.
- You will identify and develop key work streams and strategies for the marketing function. This may include internal and external communications, market positioning, online presence, trade exhibitions and press coverage (local, national and industry).
- You will be key in developing the brand and implement awareness across the business, ensuring that our message is unified and consistent across all internal and external channels. This comes at an exciting time as we are branching out in to new categories and distribution solutions.
- You will set team objectives driven by company goals, to then monitor and measure success of the function. This will all be underpinned by an appreciation for data and analytics to then direct your next project and area of focus.
- Playing your part in delivering CSR initiatives, you will also liaise with charity partners and coordinate our internal events, all while raising the business’ profile locally and nationally, promoting a professional and consistent brand reputation.
Whilst you will largely be working independently, you will work collaboratively with other teams to understand business priorities and turn this into tangible activity. This could be working with IT in developing campaigns and offering suggestions/solutions to drive traffic to the website, to working with the trading teams to produce business materials and presentations.
The Head of Marketing won’t be talking consumer research, NPD and pricing strategies – that isn’t where our client fits within the FMCG industry. However, you have the rare opportunity to shape the marketing function in a growing and ambitious company. As a key member of the Senior Management Team, you will be actively participating and contributing to the overall company strategy development and execution, using your knowledge and expertise to really embed the marketing function and add further value.
The successful candidate:
You will have had previous marketing experience at a senior level and the scope of this role will be an exciting opportunity, not a daunting task. Experience within the FMCG industry would be desirable but what’s most important is that you’ve operated in marketing at the right level, you have entrepreneurial spirit, a commercial approach and a passion for all things marketing.
Any experience in setting up a marketing function, putting together a marketing strategy which links to the overall business objectives and delivering against that is preferred.
You will have strong and well-rounded communication skills which you deliver with confidence, demonstrated through your written work and face to face approach. You will be resilient, assertive, persuasive and at ease adapting your approach and style for a varying audience. Your interest in business will ensure that your input is relevant, well focused and measurable and you will appreciate the importance of attention to detail, yet awareness for the bigger picture.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employerAlert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.