Our new Mortgage Team is expanding! If you are looking to join our rapidly growing and dynamic team with great earning potential please read on….
Location: Leeds LS15
Salary: £24K + commission, OTE £30K circa + generous benefits package
This is a highly rewarding role. You will provide an advised service to all new and existing customers with a whole of market search, over 90 UK lenders offering a variety of mortgage & second charge products. It is a fast paced but fulfilling role taking numerous calls on a daily basis and converting those enquiries to advised mortgage sales.
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week, however, hours of work will be flexible and dictated by the needs of the business, therefore it is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully discharge the duties of the role.
- Establishing contact with potential clients and providing Mortgage advice in line with each individual’s objectives and circumstances
- Providing clients with comprehensive recommendation packs, including KFIs and in line with the company’s best practice.
- Proactive contact with clients, making best use of the leads available at all times
- Meeting sales targets and promoting Age Partnership
- Cooperating with the Compliance Manager to develop a compliant approach to commercial activity
- Ensuring that records are kept appropriately in line with the company’s record keeping and file quality requirements
- Contacting clients upon receipt of Mortgage offer and communicating the outcome of property valuations where determined by the company’s designated sales process
- Adhering at all times to the principles of “treating customers fairly”
- Developing appropriate relationships with lenders
- Ensuring that competence to provide advice is maintained and a programme of CPD is undertaken and documented
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required by the business
- To attend training courses when arranged, and read relevant material as distributed by colleagues
- To undergo further training and qualifications as and when required
Your background will include customer service experience gained from a customer facing environment, excellent verbal communication skills are key. The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining an excellent attention to detail is paramount to this role.
- Minimum 12 months experience in either Panel or Whole of Market Mortgage Advising
- The ability to work on individual initiative whilst fitting in to a vibrant and enthusiastic team environment
- Evidence of sustained sales success and compliant practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage time efficiently
- A caring and empathetic approach
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience of telephone-based mortgage advice
Financial services qualifications
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice (or equivalent)
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP)