Sales Consultants are based at various locations within the UK and are primarily responsible for sales within a specified locality. However, they are also responsible for some national accounts sales outside this area.
In the main, appointments are arranged by Tensor’s Internal Sales Executives but appointments will also be created by the sales consultants via web leads and potential customers phoning in.
The Sales Consultant visits potential customers, demonstrates the products, provides a quotation to the customer and progresses this through to a customer order. Online presentations will also be carried out via the web particularly in the current climate.
Tensor runs a paperless office which is efficient and highly computerised. Quotations are typed for the sales consultants by dedicated sales administration staff allowing the sales consultant to concentrate on selling rather than secretarial work.
Potential applicants must have a proven sales track record particularly in CCTV, Access Control and already be in sales either as a successful field sales executive selling software / hardware solutions or a desk based salesperson selling software to businesses who wants to move to a field based role.
In either case you must have a proven track record and have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of CCTV systems (Analogue and IP solutions) modern software technology and PC networks, plus a clear understanding of how to exploit the marketplace. You will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of PC’s and be a good communicator.
All new Sales Consultants receive full product training and training on how to use Tensor’s computer systems.
After the initial training period of our CCTV, Access Control, and Security products, your job within Tensor will be to specify and sell our products throughout the UK working within our existing, well established and successful sales framework. We will train you on new Tensor products as they become available so that you have a complete portfolio to offer customers. We will also provide the support and encouragement to help you to succeed.
The job of the Sales Consultant is to
- Maximise the number and the value of customer orders from the customers and perspective customers assigned to them.
- Be aware of additional opportunities within their locality to sell more Tensor products and services and add these to the Tensor database.
- Sell CCTV and Access Control, Security systems for the best price, avoiding heavily discounting, whilst at all times being sensitive to the needs and wishes of the customer. This is done by performing demonstration of Tensor products and systems to customers and potential customers, producing quotations, and obtaining customer orders against quotations.
Sales Consultants are expected to travel to any part of the UK and Ireland. They must be professional, keen, enthusiastic people with a “can do attitude” who have the energy and ability to win orders for Tensor.
- Have a proven track record in CCTV and Access Control software/hardware sales. Having sold systems to a NSI:NACOSS standard is an advantage.
- Be hard working, proactive with a “can do attitude”, self-motivated and able to work unsupervised or within a team.
- Willing to travel within the UK and Ireland
- Have an excellent knowledge of CCTV infrastructure requirements, PCs within a “Windows” and web environment
- Have good personal skills in dealing with people
- Hold a current driving license
Competitive salary (depending on experience) plus 6.5% commission on all qualified sales. Your expected OTE should be in excess of £50,000 p.a. There is no upper cap or limit.
You will also have a car, mobile phone, laptop computer, etc. with 20 days’ annual leave + Bank/Public Holidays + Company pension scheme available. Additional annual leave achievable, private pension is available.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.