Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Contract Type: 9 Months Maternity Cover
Salary: £18,000 – £20,000 +21 days annual leave plus bank holidays
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to join an established manufacturer based in Calne, SN11.
We are one of the UK’s premier manufacturers of bespoke busbars and copper tube terminals. We offer a full bespoke service, with each part manufactured to the customer’s unique specification. Utilising a range of techniques, we also manufacture a standard range of off the shelf stock items.
As Estimator your main role will be to interpret and process quotation requests from customers, actively seeking to ensure you convert these to orders. Also, to process customers’ orders when received and issue to production.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Take, interpret and process quotation requests and orders from customers.
- Actively seek to convert quotations to orders.
- Liaise with Suppliers to obtain pricing and order raw material for customer orders processed.
- Evaluate information from previous orders.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Experience within a similar role is desirable and using CRM software.
- Track record in sales and / or account management and / or customer service.
- Excellent telephone manner and overall communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Well organised and task driven.
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office systems, excel, word and other office applications.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to strict deadlines.
- An understanding of manufacturing.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.