We’re a retail technology company getting people back into high street shops. Our platform drives in-store footfall by connecting the products currently hidden on shop shelves to the millions of local shoppers searching for them nearby. Companies like Google and Facebook use our technology to show live in-store inventory on their platforms to millions of shoppers searching nearby.
We believe the future of the high street is one where every product in every shop is connected directly to the web, making it genuinely faster and easier to get something from a real shop nearby than ordering it for delivery online. The high street has incredible value that’s currently hidden from the internet on the shelves of local shops, and we see it as our job to unlock it.
You can hear our CEO talk about why we’re so excited about the future of the high street, and our plans for making NearSt a central part of it, in our Next Web Keynote
We’re looking for entrepreneurial, driven Sales Executives to join our Sales & Partnerships team and play an integral role in helping us hit our serious growth goals in 2021. You’ll be working at the very front of the business, taking ownership of building our client base in specific sectors and markets. This might be ‘fashion retailers in the UK’, ‘convenience stores in North America’, or ‘inventory management providers’ across multiple markets. While we’ve got playbooks to get you started, you’ll be using plenty of your own creativity and tenacity to find the best way to open up new clients and markets.
We’re looking for someone with some sales experience who’s keen to take the next step in their career. This is a period of massive growth for NearSt and you’ll have loads of opportunities to take on responsibility and rapidly develop your career. As a fast growing startup we’re constantly learning and evolving ourselves, and will look to you to do the same.
If this all sounds like you, get in touch and we’d love to have a chat. Please submit your CV along with a covering letter briefly introducing yourself, and why you think NearSt would be a great fit for your talents.
- Own your retail category, and develop a deep understanding of the organisations and people within
- Be entrepreneurial in your approach to business development and identify smart channels to market
- Work your prospect base, build your own pipeline and close business
- Build partnerships in the retail technology ecosystem
- Educate the market, generate awareness, challenge perceptions
- Be an enthusiastic expert on NearSt and turn your prospects into evangelising customers
- Manage your own sales pipeline, and the best in class CRM tools that we provide
- Report on KPIs and exceed your targets
- Some sales experience – you’ll learn on the job, but some prior experience will get you off to a flying start
- Strong desire to learn – both for yourself, and to help us develop as a team and company
- Results-oriented – you’re highly driven and regularly set yourself personal goals
- Great writer – you can craft concise, compelling messages that drive people to act
- Excellent phone manner – you’re calm and confident at fielding both inbound client enquiries and carrying out cold outreach to new prospects, and you’re just as good listening as you are at talking
- Confident selling – you’re totally at ease selling, and are ok with sometimes being rejected (no matter how good you are!)
- Tech savvy – you pick up new tools quickly and are happy finding your way around them
- Entrepreneurial – you’re always looking for new opportunities, within your role and beyond it
- Highly organised – staying on top of multiple actions and follow-ups comes naturally to you
- Adaptable – you’re excited about working in a startup, wearing different hats and getting stuck-in when needed
- Impact driven – you’re motivated to make a real difference in the world
We’re a fast-growing tight-knit team of almost 20 people who all share a common vision that what we’re building will define the future of how everyone shops. Startup life is a lot of work and a ton of fun, so we’ve focussed hard on putting a great framework in place that lets people do their best work.
10 reasons we think you’ll love it here:
- ETHOS – We believe team health and culture are at the centre of a successful business and care passionately about fostering this at NearSt
- ENVIRONMENT – We work as a semi-remote team, where our Hoxton Square office is a hub for collaboration and team-oriented work and home is a place for deep focussed work
- TECH – Whether you’re working at home or HQ, you’ll benefit from the latest Macs and CRM software so you can focus on doing your best work
- COLLABORATION – Benefit from the latest software that helps you spend more time doing great work with your team-mates and less time updating unwieldy old spreadsheets
- MINDSET – We cultivate an entrepreneurial can-do mindset; brilliant ideas can and must come from everywhere in the business
- OWNERSHIP – Receive stock options in the business, so you own a stake in your own success
- WELLNESS – Stay at your best with a flexible monthly wellness budget to spend as you please on things to keep you happy, healthy and well
- MENTAL HEALTH – Professional and confidential support from Spill to help keep your mental health just as well as your physical health
- GROW – Develop personally and professionally with an annual budget for you to upskill in ways that suit your own learning style
- PURPOSE – Work among a team who genuinely want to make a massive positive difference in the world
We think a great workplace is filled with all the diversity the world has to offer. This means we make no judgment about the things that make you, you – whether that be gender, religion, sexuality, race, or a secret love for 80s action films. If you’re excited by our mission, we’re excited to meet you!
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.