aspire cambridge are seeking an Area Sales Manager who is a motivated sales professional and ideally has an engineering background and a sound technical understanding of complex security systems for our client based in Saffron Walden, Essex.
This must be supplemented with commercial experience and proven sales track record. You will have previous experience of managing and growing/developing sales opportunities to achieve targets.
It is likely that you will have a technical degree, but significant experience in the military or security market
will also be considered. Experience of radar technology and/or electro-optic systems is highly desirable. You will be working with a close-knit team but also working alone with customers both in the UK and abroad. You must be
able to communicate effectively, in particular having good spoken and written English.
You will be self motivated, able to take the initiative in customer discussions, be an effective team player and have efficient time management skills enabling you to work well on your own.
An ideal candidate should have all of the following skills and abilities:
- A technical degree or technical experience in lieu
- Able to design and/or critique the design of multi-sensor security systems that include radars, cameras, thermal imagers, communication systems and Command and Control (C2) stations
- Able to communicate detailed technical information about the sensor system with the team and customers including System Integrators and end-users
- Able to prepare customer facing documents including technical proposals (e.g. response to RFI, RFP and RFQs), compliancy matrices, technical sales publications including white papers and radar propagation analysis
- Be organised, allowing you to handle a large number of potential customers
- Able to support exhibition stands and meet many new and diverse customers
- Strong interpersonal communications skills with the ability to deal at all levels of an organisation, together with drive, energy, ambition and an outgoing personality
- Good negotiation skills are essential, together with a good commercial awareness
- Able to operate both independently and as part of a team, be resourceful and have good organisational, planning and presentation skills
- Our clients equipment is reasonably heavy and generally requires demonstration and installation
on elevated platforms, therefore you should be in good health and able to lift equipment, climb
- Ideally located within commuting distance of our clients office near Cambridge
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas
- Have a valid UK driving licence with no major endorsements
The following skills would also be an advantage:
- Experience of working with a CRM system
- Providing support on equipment training courses
- Speaking another major foreign language
- An understanding of UK` and US technology export issues
Location: Saffron Walden, Essex
Hours: M-F Full Time
Salary: £35,000 to £50,000 plus 15% bonus
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team on or apply online. Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
aspire cambridge ltd is acting as an employment agency in regards to this permanent vacancy. Our accredited recruitment consultants offer specialist marketplace expertise across our seven specialist recruitment divisions; Office Support, Legal & HR – Industrial & Manufacturing – Finance & Accountancy – Hospitality – IT & Engineering – Sales & Marketing – Scientific & Medical.. Our ever-expanding network of client companies exceeds 3000 active organisations that we engage with on a regular basis. We have an unrivalled knowledge of the jobs marketplace so it’s no wonder that we hold an impressive track record of exceeding client and candidate expectations. How do we do it? By “placing people first”.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.