In this pivotal role you will drive new sales and increase the value of existing clients by upselling and cross-selling suitable enhancements to the use of SuperControl, we foster a ‘sales through service’ approach.
This is a B2B role; our clients are owner-operated and rental agency businesses providing self-catering holidays worldwide, our core territory being the UK and Ireland.
Salary: £18,000-£25,000, depending on experience.
Location: SuperControl, 4 Market Street, Castle Douglas, DG7 1BE, Scotland.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00.
Probationary period: 4 months
Travel: You will be required to travel, principally within the UK, for periods of a single day or a few days at a time, estimated to be one trip per month. A flexible outlook is favourable to meet the needs of the business as it grows. The job is predominantly office-based.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by telephone, email, video conferencing and personal visits.
- Develop existing and new clients through planned individual account support.
- Demonstrate the software on-site and remotely via screen-sharing software.
- Prepare and follow up proposals.
- Maintain our client and prospect database (CRM).
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Work with other internal teams necessary to perform duties, aid business and
- organisational development, eg pre-sales and marketing.
- You will be involved in mapping the process to define problems and solutions, isolating the stages of the sales funnel to better understand its flow and bottlenecks.
- Address any internal roadblocks and constraints across the process.
- Understand everything about the client journey, motivations and value, end-to-end. As well as factors affecting client satisfaction and how they measure the company.
- Undertake market research, competitor analysis and client surveys.
- Work closely with partners and routes to market, building and maintaining a strong professional partner network, strengthening our reputation and generating leads.
- Set up and undertake regional field sales trips in tourism hotspots in the UK and Ireland. These may take the form of 121 meetings, workshops or presentations to prospects and partners.
- Attend, exhibit and present at industry events and SuperControl events to promote the products and services of the company and share educational content with the market.
- Evidence of success in developing and maintaining sales in small and medium companies.
- Able to communicate and motivate via written media.
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Also an empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Understands the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Reliable, tolerant and determined.
- Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Must be adept in use of MS technology, particularly Excel and Word.
- Fluent English, with good spelling and grammar.
- Right to live and work in the UK.
- UK driving licence and own vehicle.
- Group personal pension scheme with 4% contribution from employer.
- Private health care after 3 years of continuous service.
- Relaxed, friendly working environment.
- Regular social events.
- A team of 40+ awesome colleagues to work with.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.