This is a unique opportunity for you join a global leading manufacturer, who are looking to recruit a driven and enthusiastic Business Development Manager, to join the team in Milton Keynes. As one of Europe’s largest leading specialists in the design, manufacture and installation of retail display, they have recently completed an exciting rebrand, and are now following a strong strategic direction. This is therefore the opportune time for you to join this organisation.
This is a brand new position within the organisation, where you will report to the Business Development Director, with the purpose of growing the client base within both the UK and global markets. You will achieve this by developing relationships with potential clients at a senior level, in order to introduce new business.
Your aim will be to encourage customers to recognise the organisation as a supplier of choice, supported by establishing best in class service levels with all customers. You will work to agreed targets and business strategy to generate revenue opportunities from new customers and will contribute to developing and delivering a business plan to support new market extension.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Acquiring new customers for HMY in UK and global markets
- Integrating new clients into the existing customer base profitably
- Working towards sales and profit targets
- Promoting products utilising the global manufacturing capability in UK and global markets
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
- Growing margins and profit, whilst understanding risk and sensitivity within the market place
- Developing long term customer relationships at a senior level
- Meeting sales and operational targets
- Building a continuous sales pipeline
- Recording all customer dealings on the CRM system
- Preparing a key account annual business plan
- Communicating the full range of services to all customers
- Taking design briefs and converting these to new products
- Producing weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports
As an ideal candidate for this role, you will be a driven individual, with a high level of commercial awareness. Due to the nature of the position, you will also be able to take knock-backs and demonstrate a passion for selling. You should also have a few years’ experience within Sales or Business Development.
To further support your application, you should:
- Possess a 2:1 or above in a relevant degree (or equivalent)
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Be strong in consultative selling, with the ability to develop solutions beyond price
If you have experience of working within the retail manufacturing sector, this would be advantageous to your application.
The salary on offer is competitive and offers a company car/allowance, as well as a commission scheme.
This is a permanent, full time position, where your location will ultimately be the Milton Keynes office, although you will predominantly be field-based.
POINT OF CONTACT
Katie Newton is the point of contact for this position. You can get in touch with her by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling her on 0191 492 6622Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.