The BBI Group offers a portfolio of products and services to the diagnostic, healthcare, research, defence and food industries globally.
Our mission is to deliver exceptional products and technologies that people rely on to enjoy a better quality of life. Through innovation, partnership, effective delivery and the collaboration of our people, we constantly strive to help set industry standards, engender trust and build our reputation for excellence.
As a business, we are currently progressing through an exciting period of growth and as part of our exciting expansion plans, we currently have an opportunity to hire a Business Development Manager for our BBI Solutions (Novarum DX) division. The role will be home based but ideally looking for someone near our Global Headquarters in South Wales or our Edinburgh site.
BBI Solutions has served the global diagnostics industry for over 50 years, as a leading developer and manufacturer of raw materials and finished test platforms for the in-vitro diagnostics market.
BBI Novarum created and developed The Novarum Reader, a power software tool that lets you read and share the results of diagnostics (including lateral flow tests) using nothing more than a smart phone.
The salary offered for this role is competitive and makes up part of BBI’s attractive benefits package, which includes:
- 5% contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care scheme
- Generous annual leave package totalling 32 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Participation in the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying new clients, building relationships and identifying value/market changing opportunities. You will plan and execute persuasive approaches and pitches that will enable potential clients of the value of the Novarum SMART Diagnostics Reader Solutions.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Implement and contribute to agreed Sales Strategy in order to reach the agreed financial and strategic goals.
- Submit a monthly Sales report providing updates on core KPI’s and activity.
- Attend weekly Sales Meetings Ensure forecasts and pipelines are maintained accurately.
- Maintain good relations and high standards in interactions with other departments.
- Attend Sales Group meetings as required
- Responsibility for generating revenue from the designated target markets in order to exceed pre-set targets
- Seek and close new business opportunities within the designated markets
- Work closely with marketing, consultants and technical support colleagues to effectively build viable and compelling SMART reader solutions.
- Conduct the required level of screening, sales planning, trip planning in order to meet the level of opportunity required to meet KPI’s.
- Maintain accurate and up to date Account Plans on key targets and live opportunities.
- It is envisaged that the role will necessitate foreign travel on average one week in every five; however, this is dependent on company and customer requirements.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be required to have an extensive background in sales within a technical, medical or diagnostics environment and be experienced in building multi-levelled long-term relationships with clients.
You will need the ability to create compelling strong commercial proposals and presentation along with closing business acquisitions in complex sales environments. You will need to be experienced in managing pitches at board level and negotiating technical contracts.
If you are an internal employee applying for this vacancy you and your manager are required to complete an internal transfer form. This needs to be completed in full and attached to your application along with your CV and cover letter.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.