Distinction, a digital product development studio, is looking for a Business Development Manager to join the team and drive business growth.
Distinction delivers high-quality, often business-critical digital products and services to ambitious brands throughout the UK and North America.
This role specifically focuses on driving new business, from research and prospecting through to closing. You will be responsible for creating and building a sales pipeline, managing sales cycles, and delivering a realistic sales target. This is a predominantly new business hunter role.
You will also collaborate with internal subject matter experts to plan and deliver lead-generating sales and marketing campaigns.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Building a future sales pipeline of ideal clients
- Delivering on a realistic quarterly sales target
- Responding to inbound enquiries
- Nurturing sales referral partnerships
- Shaping and delivering a targeted outbound sales strategy
- Working with the internal team to improve our sales processes
- Working with our marketing team to build lead generation campaigns
- Creating written proposals and pitch packs, presenting to clients, and closing deals
- Maintaining our CRM
- Attending client meetings as required
- A brand ambassador for Distinction by regularly writing your own articles in line with our positioning, and sharing Distinction content to your own network
You must have:
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of prospecting and nurturing long sales cycles
- Proven success in selling and closing digital services
- Ability to balance a varied workload and prioritise key activities
- Excellent planning, presentation and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in the full MS Office suite
Your application will stand out if you can demonstrate:
- Strong commercial acumen
- A well-established network to bring to the role
- Successful sales experience in a business like ours with a tried and tested cold outbound approach
- Detailed knowledge of the digital agency landscape
- Good knowledge of sectors such as fintechs, edtech, and healthtech
- Proficiency in HubSpot or similar CRM
The salary is £30,000 – £35,000 plus commission (uncapped).
Benefits and perks
- Flexible working hours
- Remote / hybrid working
- 33 days holiday
- Optional company pension scheme
- A structured personal development plan
- Personal annual training budget
- Monthly training time allowance
- Latest tech to work on
- Regular “lunch and learn” sessions
- Regular socials
- Fully stocked drinks fridge and regular free lunches
- Opportunities to attend and speak at local and global industry events
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and we encourage applicants from minority backgrounds or LGBTQ+ communities. We promise that you’ll receive equal consideration for employment without regard to your age, race, religion, gender, or disability.
We operate a Preferred Suppliers List which was renewed in April 2020 until April 2022. We reserve the right to contact any candidates sent to us speculatively without agreeing to your terms of business.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.