Our client is looking to recruit a Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager role has been created to accommodate the expansion needs of the client’s business. The successful candidate will be responsible for winning new business as well as managing a portfolio of existing clients. The role has responsibilities for business development and marketing to increase the revenue of the business.
The primary function of this role is to take over the management of a territory (UK North) and win new clients and to subsequently manage those accounts once on board. The role also involves building the company’s brand within the territory with key stakeholders such as regulatory bodies and industry groups.
A key part of this role is working with customers, regulators and the software as well as engineering teams to devise new products for the markets the clients serve. This, in turn, requires a strong background and understanding of field/laboratory as well as environmental technology and indeed the environmental verticals which the company serves.
- Winning new work and performing against set targets
- Developing and managing a portfolio of existing clients
- Generating leads by undertaking independent research and seeking out relevant contacts in an organisation
- Identifying new business opportunities – being able to research new markets, growth areas, products and services
- Engaging, developing and maintaining professional relationships with clients and responding to their enquiries in a timely and professional manner that endeavours to exceed client expectations
- Providing marketing and networking seminars (CPDs) to prospective clients
- Identifying and preparing tender documentation for projects
- Developing and managing Sales Pipeline
- Sales forecasting and reporting these to the Commercial Manager
- Helping with the company’s marketing activities
- Helping with the development of company branding and marketing materials (brochures, banners etc)
- Attending and exhibiting at industry-specific events
- Keep all company equipment made available to you in good condition – company vehicles, instrumentation, office furnishings, computers, phones, printers and photocopiers
- To maintain appropriate records and maintain strict confidentiality of the company and its staff, suppliers and clients where required
- To work from time to time at project locations and other office locations, and within other company group companies
- Willing to travel and stay overnight as business needs require
- To undertake such additional duties to support the business that are reasonably commensurate with, or lesser than, the level of the role
- The employee will carry out their duties with full regard to the company’s Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and any other company policies relevant to their role.
- Maintain the professional image of the company at all times
- Quality Focus – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small, showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of company success
- Leadership – Setting the example of professionalism, and effectively managing company resources
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish company objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in tasks or the work environment adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Communication – Clearly and politely conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Discretion – Ability to manage all privileged information obtained from directors and/or members of the senior management team in strict confidence.
- 5 years professional experience in environmentally based or technology/software employment
- Sales related experience within an environmental (technology) setting
- First Degree in a suitable subject
- High level of computer literacy including Office Professional Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in presenting to external audiences
- Ability to work as an integral part of a ‘closely knit’ team
- Ability to manage and prioritise individual workload to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and assist with all and any task required to grow and develop the business
- A current full UK driving licence and willing to drive to anywhere in the UK
- Second degree in a suitable subject
- Experience of working in a rapidly growing and expanding company
- Training experience and/or qualification in training
For more information please contact Angela Potter at Clearline Recruitment.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.