As a Business Development Manager at SGS Ltd, you will be responsible for the development of SGS Baseefa’s certification, testing and training business, primarily in the UK, but also with focus on opportunities in Europe and globally. You will be responsible for promotion of all SGS Baseefa services, with particular emphasis on growth of ATEX/IECEx certification, IECEx competence and service facility revenues. While working as a Business Development Manager, you will assist in development/enhancement of the quotation process and the quotation tracking system, as well as complying with ISO17025 policies and procedures with respect to the quotation and order receiving process, at all times.
As a Business Development Manager, you’ll receive a salary of between £30,000 and £37,000, depending on experience, plus you’ll benefit from a 10% performance bonus, retail discount scheme, private health cover after 1 years’ service, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
Skills / Experience:
- Proven track record in lead and opportunity generation.
- Commercial / marketing/ sales activities.
- Attainment of sales targets.
- Demonstrable experience of professional account management.
- Experience of the relevant ATEX/IECEx standards
- Can identify and capitalise on business development opportunities to include potential / new / existing clients and encompass all SGS services and options for bolt on business.
- Competent in use of MS packages.
- Ability to monitor and assess external influences, competitor activity/ scope and sector trends.
- Experience of the industries and manufacturing sectors relevant to explosion protection testing & certification
- Technical experience of relevant ATEX/IECEx standards
- Working knowledge of relevant ATEX / IECEx standards
- Knowledge of testing procedures used in certification of equipment for use in hazardous areas
- Knowledge of the target industries and manufacturing sectors for SGS Baseefa services.
- Higher education qualification in Engineering, Science or Business-related subject.
- Full UK driving licence.
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.