Business Development Manager (Sales Engineer)
North West England
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Area to be covered: North-West: Manchester/Liverpool/Bolton/Cheshire/Lancs (ideally live in Manchester)
Reports to: UK Sales Manager
Benefits: Salary £42,000, company car allowance, mileage allowance, mobile phone, laptop, bonus and pension scheme
A European Multinational company that manufactures and distributes a diverse range of industrial electrical distribution, components and supplies and EV charging products.
Aim of the Position:
To grow the area with additional profitable business by achieving sales of the company’s wide range of electrical distribution and E-mobility products to Electrical wholesalers. Also, to focus on Electrical Contractors, end users and Local Authorities either independent to the electrical wholesaler or as a combined joint activity.
- Increase turnover in line with the company forecast within the designated sales area.
- Develop profitable business with current and new customers, building strong relationships and increasing the product mix sold.
- Generate business for the wholesalers in the area through sell-out activity with contractors, local councils and other third parties.
- Develop strong relationships with your key wholesalers (TOP 20) and work very closely to increase turnover.
- Maintain contact with line manager providing regular market reports and sales forecasts, and contact with all other office staff as required.
- Identify opportunities to provide support to key customers around training their staff on our E-mobility and distribution products.
- Provide timely quotes and follow up with a view to winning key contracts.
- Provide weekly feedback on competitor pricing and current pricing offers in your local market.
- Monitoring and updating of all projects via CRM-Prospect system
- Routinely drive monthly promotional offers with customers, ensuring key wholesalers are aware of price breaks across key product groups.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills, excellent time management.
- Professional appearance with strong presentation skills
- Relevant Industry, market knowledge, competitor knowledge would be an advantage.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and organised individual with good use of initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non- technical clients.
- Confident in approaching new contacts and cold calling.
- Resilient and determined to succeed in a competitive, challenging environment.
- Computer literate and conversant in the use of software packages such as Microsoft outlook, excel and word.
- Motivated to develop a clear understanding of our product ranges to the level that you can influence customers to choose our products over competitors.
- Full understanding of our USPs and confident in articulating these to customers
- Become a brand ambassador, be aware of our heritage and present a positive picture of our company at all times.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.