Are you a Business Development Manager? This may be the fantastic opportunity you have been waiting for.
My client is an ambitious UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. The Company supplies materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications within areas such as Healthcare, Industry, Communications, Academia and Defence.
During this role as a Business Development Manager you would be reporting you the sales director.
Responsibilities for a Business Development Manager:
- To grow sales and profit within a portfolio of customers developing new and maintaining existing relationships with those customers.
- Identification of key customers from existing customer base to build existing share of the market and identification of prospective organic growth.
- Achieving portfolio and group sales targets set by the business.
- Undertaking frequent national and international travel where appropriate to attend meetings with prospective new customers together with site visits, exhibitions and events.
- Providing support to Sales Director on strategy and direction of the Sales.
- Ensure that the sales team meet the needs of the rest of the business by way of interaction and liaison with other departments
- To summarise and present key activities, event and milestones to Sales Director for monthly reporting to Board and management meetings
- Managing customer relationships.
- To assist in the Marketing and promotion by providing information for advertising campaigns
- By being aware of all group activities, to contribute towards the group wide business development and to support the Board to achieve business targets and objectives.
- Competitive Salary
- Commission / Bonus schemes
- Company Car
- Laptop, iPhone, Expense Card.
- Company Medical Insurance
- Flexible working
- Holidays include of 30days per annum including bank holidays
Key Requirements for a Business Development Manager:
- Materials Science or Chemistry Degree (2:2) or relevant materials knowledge/experience (Metals, Polymers, Ceramics & Glass)
- Experience in a peripatetic business development role.
- Proven track record in sales
- Strong influencing, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently
- Creative and results driven
- Ability to provide technical advice to customer through own knowledge or team support
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills including Word, PowerPoint or Prezi.
- Advanced EXCEL skills, ability to extract & analyse data
- Willingness to travel and be away from the office on a regular and frequent basis
This Business Development Manager role will play a vital part in the continued sales growth of the company and planned department expansion leading potential future progression.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.