All About Us
From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stockholding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
We strive to develop long-term partnerships. We are progressive, solution focused and work with our customers to help them realise their project’s full potential. We provide a vital link in the supply chain from producer to customer.
All About the Role
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the purpose of this role is to define and generate additional sales activities to maximise Business Profitability.
Specific tasks include:
- Develop robust sales plans that seek to secure profitable new market share and gross margin growth.
- Ensure sales plans reflect the need to minimise stock levels, work in progress and customer debtor days.
- Develop & be an ambassador for high customer service standards that seek to build customer retention levels.
- Lead negotiations with potential customers and through regular meetings, build relationships to maximise commercial opportunities with them.
- Monitor sales performance against plan in order to maximise profit potential.
We offer you
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays, Car/ cash allowance, Pension, Bonus Scheme
All About You
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
- A skilled negotiator with considerable experience in a commercial role.
- Experience working within Retail, Manufacturing, Distribution, FMCG or Utility sector.
- Excellent communication skills and strong analytical ability.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Builds strong relationships quickly, a proactive attitude and approach & thrives off working to targets and KPI’s.
How it feels to work for us
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business. Barrett Steel encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
Set up a job alert.