Macildowie are pleased to be working with this market leading global player as they seek to recruit a Business Development Manager to further grow and develop their market presence in the Scottish energy sector.
Over the past 3 years they have established a reputation for successfully executing projects in the region. They’re now looking to appoint a highly experienced sales professional who can fully leverage this success, taking full advantage of a marketplace that offers plenty of opportunity for growth.
The role will be based in Edinburgh, with regular travel throughout the region.
Areas of responsibility
- Early identification of all relevant opportunities in their region with new and existing clients.
- Establish a robust and profit driven sales pipeline.
- Support existing and prospective clients in the opportunity development process; identify challenges to success (technical, commercial), swiftly proposing and implementing workable counter strategies.
- Build good relationships with clients, creating an atmosphere of trust and co-operation.
- Actively promote and sell new products and solutions; leveraging the full service portfolio.
- Work collaboratively with the Tender Manager to deliver pre-qualifications & quotations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Give input in all contract negotiations in their region to drive successful outcomes; win / win.
- Improve customer satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle (from initial sales contact to order placement, and up to delivery and post project execution).
- Work with the Sales & Marketing Director to establish the local business development strategy, ensuring proper market penetration to grow top line sales.
- Competitor analysis – products, services etc.
- Maintain accurate and timely reporting relating to all sales / project activities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of local regulation / compliance requirements and how they relate to customer specifications and needs.
- Confident communicator, persuasive, resilient
- Structured, organised, innovative
- Teamwork – collaborative and results focused
- Able to balance risk and reward using hard and soft skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects and multitask
- Professional, motivated and flexible
If you are looking for an opportunity to advance your sales career with a global market leader, please do get in touch. I’ll be happy to provide you with further details on both the company and the opportunity. I look forward to hearing from you.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region’s premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you’ll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can’t provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.