Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Paris, Munich and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
We are Acquia and We are building for the future of the web.
The Career Opportunity
Due to Acquia’s continuing company success, Acquia has embarked upon an exciting Sales team expansion initiative within the UK region and is therefore seeking to appoint an enthusiastic recent graduate who will be responsible for driving customer engagement/contact across the UK region.
The position of Business Development Representative is dedicated to positioning Acquia’s industry leading digital media solutions to a portfolio of prospective clients, in order to identify/develop business opportunities and achieve ‘lead qualification’ objectives. The role requires a target driven and pro-active approach, with the ability to establish credible relationships with client organisations. This is an exciting role for recent graduates and /or candidates with some early sales/customer service experience, wishing to excel within a commercially focused, targeted and technology driven environment.
Location: This role is based in Reading, UK
“…An exciting opportunity for ambitious candidates, committed to developing their sales career within a fast paced, growing and truly innovative global technology company…”
The Candidate Profile
The successful candidate will utilise a ‘question based’ approach to initiate new client contact, displaying an inquisitive nature, with the ambition and tenacity to achieve specific business objectives/targets. A pro-active and progressive working practice is essential, in order to identify/qualify/develop new commercial opportunities within the exciting world of digital media solutions.
- A degree level education (preferably within a technical or business field) or equivalent experience.
- Focus on and experience of exceeding targets in professional and personal pursuits
- A professional and inquisitive demeanour, able to engage customers and build relationships.
- An exceptional and consultative communication style, with the ability to discover and understand customer needs.
- Ability to influence, combined with creativity, determination and persistency.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Some Sales and/or Customer Service experience, within a fast paced environment (preferably within a commercial, target focussed environment)
- Knowledge or experience of software ideally digital media, open source or drupal technology
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.