As the SaaS space expands there’s more potential than ever to build a huge software company.
Having a great product is only part of the journey. Software and SaaS businesses today experience a lot of frustration trying to sell their products when it comes to managing subscription plans, calculating local tax rates or handling trials and licensing.
So we solve all that hassle with an integrated growth platform that offers an end-to-end journey for software creators by handling billing, payment, taxes automatically and tackling their main growth challenges head-on. In doing so, we empower them to expand internationally and sell to anyone from individuals to teams and businesses.
Tackling all the growing pains of selling software has enabled us to expand our Sales team to over 20 specialists, split primarily into Business Development and Account Executive roles.
This is where you come in!
We are looking for a smart, ambitious and autonomous specialist to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans. This is an exciting time for you to join: based on the size and breadth of our customers, we are growing like never before!
As a BDR in our Sales team, you are the first point of contact for all of Paddle’s sales efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for our products while partnering to create a steady pipeline of business to arm your counterparts on the Account Executive team. Your core task will be to take on cold leads from our research team, warm up the relationship and convert them into qualified opportunities.
You’ll actively contribute to our revenue while learning the ropes of a growth-stage startup and the in and outs of sales and in time, graduating from a Business Development Representative into an Account Executive role.
What you’ll do
- Quickly develop an understanding of our perfect customer base, generate warm leads from outbound sales and convert them into qualified opportunities for our Account Executive team.
- Naturally include cold calling to your routine where you can jump into a phone conversation with anyone – even C-level executives – if you think a more personal approach can make the difference.
- Kick off conversations with cold leads and partner with companies of all sizes, from tech startups to well-established SaaS businesses.
- Effectively showcase Paddle’s set of products and best practices through email, phone, Skype or Zoom.
- Use your time wisely and efficiently to ensure you do the things that really matter and that bring you closer to success
We’d love to hear from you if
- You have experience in a previous Sales / Business Development role, ideally as part of a SaaS or B2B company, and are always happy to proactively engage new customers through email and phone.
- You believe in a consultative and human sales approach and understand that every conversation is different – we don’t use scripts at Paddle.
- You see the benefits of Paddle’s set of products – We strongly believe that our products are helping other Tech companies grow and we want to work with people that are passionate about Paddle and can articulate its value.
- You have a knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current way of selling software.
- You are comfortable generating your own pipeline through outbound sales and cold calling and setting up great foundations with our potential customers.
- You are enthusiastic and ambitious, with a desire to learn the sales process from start to finish.
It’d be great if
- You have prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- You have experience selling to technical persons, (CTO, Head of Product, (Technical) Founders).
- You are familiar with eCommerce providers such as Stripe, Braintree, PayPal, Cleverbridge.
- You can operate in an unstructured environment.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of around 140 people based near Shoreditch. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare and on-site coaching sessions. We believe in flexible working and offer all team members unlimited holidays and 3 months paid parental leaves regardless of gender. Plus we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, which can include anything from joining the office football team, taking up in-office yoga lessons or enjoying a board game night. We host regular company get-togethers and quarterly socials. We have weekly catered lunches and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we’ve raised over $25m in funding from incredible investors such as Notion, BGF and Kindred.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up-to-date on new opportunities at Paddle!
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.