A new role due to expansion, with a distribution company in Hawkhurst, Mid Kent.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join a busy team. The role is a varied internal position working in a business to business role for a long established company.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working as dedicated internal point of contact to an established base of UK customers
- Responding to requests and preparing quotations relating to numerous products
- Processing sales and purchase orders
- Developing relationships with customers and gaining understanding of their requirements
- Sourcing products and obtaining prices from worldwide suppliers
- Purchasing products
- Liaising with external field sales staff
- Following up on dormant accounts and new business leads
- Making appointments for Directors
- Related administration and queries
- Use of a database and MS Office
The ideal candidate will be a person who is enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivated and able to work as part of a team. You should have previous experience within a sales office environment, good numeric and literacy skills, together with a good, confident telephone manner to build a rapport quickly with customers and suppliers. The ability to multi-task, pick up information quickly and use computer systems effectively is also key to this role.
Product and system training will be provided. Good opportunity to develop over the longer term.
Lovely office and team environment. Parking and lunch provided!
Hours: 9 – 5.30 Monday to Friday, 4 weeks holiday + bank holidaysAlert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.