Gullivers Sports Travel is the UK’s leading, and longest established, multi-sport tour operator, running supporters trips to major worldwide sporting events since 1972, including the Rugby World Cup, British & Irish Lions tours, Six Nations, Ashes Series, Formula 1 and the Euros plus many more.
The main product offering is focused on Rugby, Cricket & Motorsport. With Football, Tennis,
Golf and many more.
Over the last four decades, Gullivers has grown to become the market leader in their field and have built an international reputation that is based on personal service and a full understanding of the needs of people who travel worldwide to play or watch sport.
This Marketing Assistant role is within the Gullivers Sports Travel marketing department, reporting to the Senior Marketing Executive.
The role would suit someone who is keen to pursue a marketing career in the sport or travel industry and would suit a graduate or second job candidate with one to two years marketing experience, willing to learn more about B2C marketing with a specific focus on digital disciplines.
Hours of work are typically Monday-Friday, 9.00am–5.30pm, however as we are an event-
based business, there may be a requirement to work overtime as part of your role should there be an operational requirement to do so. There will be the opportunity to travel for the right candidate.
Objectives and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
Key example responsibilities:
• Writing and creating website content
• Assisting with SEO on gulliverstravel.co.uk, barmytravel.com, nwctravel.com and other new websites as required
• Assisting with Social media – including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Assisting with the activation of partnership rights for our tier 2 partners
• Assisting with producing marketing emails and ensuring data compliance including adhering to GDPR
• Producing simple design tasks using the Adobe Creative Suite – mainly InDesign & Photoshop
• Sourcing of compliant imagery and upkeep of the company’s image library
• Assisting with presentations and market research tasks where required
• Liaising with suppliers – print / design / other
• Any other duties as deemed reasonable by the Senior Marketing Executive / Head of Sales
& Partnerships / Managing Director
• A marketing degree or business degree with a keen interest in digital marketing
• Computer literate – Microsoft Office – Word / Powerpoint / Excel
• Exemplary attention to detail and ability to follow process
• Excellent command of spelling and grammar
• Good collaborative communication skills, numerical skills and a naturally inquisitive, analytical mind
• Confident at building relationships and communicating with various stakeholders at all levels
• Able to deal with ambiguity with professionalism and positivity
• Results driven with pride in your work
• B2C marketing experience
• Email marketing & CMS exposure / knowledge
• Competent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Adobe InDesign specifically)
• A keen interest in social media & social media advertising
• An interest in sport – especially in our core sports: rugby, cricket, F1 and football
• Passionate about travel
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgAlert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.