An experienced Membership Sales Executive is sought by the fastest growing and innovative national buying group for building materials. They provide services for over 200 members serving in both building and roofing sectors. The company works together with their members to provide the best benefits from the negotiating ability of a larger group, providing networking opportunities, training, development and business support.
This role will be field based within 1.5 hours of the offices in Welham Green, Hertfordshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Central territory, covering areas between Birmingham, Sheffield and north of London.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, your responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the member base
- Identifying sales opportunities and aiding the external sales strategy to achieve the group’s financial targets.
- Producing reporting information when required.
- Maintaining the necessary contact with key suppliers and builders merchants
- Researching new business opportunities, curious, tenacious and hard working
- Listening to customer requirements to successfully make a sale
- Maintaining and developing relationships with customers via telephone calls and emails
- Challenging any objections with a view of getting customers to buy
- Communicating and adapting to a variety of customers from diverse backgrounds
- Attending sales meetings to inform the team of any progress
- Meeting all KPIs, targets and sales, being focused and driven
- Actively dealing with all sales enquiries, converting sales and offering appropriate upsells
- Any other duties required by management
- Telesales activity (half day telesales launch as a team for high profile new suppliers or promotions)
- Training in the office for 2-3 months
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Sales role with a proven track record of sales performance
- Able to meet agreed targets and deadlines
- Ability to develop new business while strengthening relations with existing customers
- Enthusiastic in nature with impeccable telephone manner and the ability to build strong customer relations
- Keen and enthusiastic to build a career in External Sales
- Ability to work as part of a larger team
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent time management, organised and able to multitask
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate passion, drive and an aptitude for success through confidence, accuracy and team spirit. It is essential that you are comfortable in dealing with customers and easily identifying their needs in order to maximise sales opportunities. The successful person will need to be able to work in a professional team environment, be of smart appearance, and have good product knowledge skills.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Personal bonus scheme
- Company car
- Mobile Phone
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company bonus
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Access to a full training and development programs amongst other benefits
- Expenses paid for: travel, meals, accommodation when seeing clients
- Perk Box
Set up a job alert.