The Components business manufactures and distributes one of the world’s most extensive ranges of component solutions for protection and finishing purposes. Its offering includes caps and plugs; fasteners; adhesives, sealants and tape; feet, casters and glides; wire and cable management products; flange protection; knobs, handles and grips; PCB and electronics hardware; and tools and precision instruments, which are used in a wide variety of applications and industries.
With over 100,000 standard catalogue parts available for immediate dispatch, the business is well positioned to leverage its extensive geographic distribution capacity, using its efficient sourcing and manufacturing operations and sophisticated IT platform, to respond to the requirements of its international customer base.
Will include but are not restricted to:
- Potentialise, prioritise and proactively maximise all sales opportunities from inbound/outbound calls
- Work to achieve pre-agreed sales and growth targets
- Effective use of questioning and listening techniques to understand the customers application requirements, ensuring cross selling and up selling takes place.
- Operate effectively within current policies and procedures relating to pricing, order entry, lead times and inline with the telephone call monitoring programme.
- Develop effective working relationships with other team members, internal departments and sister companies
- Maintain accurate customer records and sales development activities. Also to participate in regular housekeeping as required
- Participate in team briefings and communicate with team leader and other team members to address issues and develop a wider range of skills
- Participate enthusiastically in specific projects and team activities as required such as Product of the month and monthly sales promotions
- Attend training sessions and participate in both our development programme and on-line training portal to develop knowledge, sales techniques and skills
- Processing of orders via telephone, fax or emails ensuring high levels of accuracy at all times
- Give remarkable service at all times, managing customer expectations by liaising with other departments/service providers to deliver on promises
At Essentra, we are looking for individuals who enjoy working as part of a close team and are keen to deliver excellent customer service taking responsibility for what they do. We are always looking to better ourselves and are keen to recruit individuals who are innovative and strive to improve processes.
- Minimum “A” level standard
- NVQ Qualification in Customer Services desirable
- Experience of working within Sales or Service environment essential
- Experience in similar commercial or technical environment desirable
- Effective communicator both verbally and in writing
- Creative problem solving ability
- Highly self motivated and reliable – willingness to “go the extra mile”
- Capable of working accurately under pressure, prioritising workload
- Enthusiastic attitude, professional manner and quick learner
- Good attention to detail and accurate key board skills
- Team player, willing to adapt to new challenges and changes
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be requested at interview.